- The Commission of Elections Campaign Finance Office began investigating into campaign finance records of President Rodrigo Duterte after it found that he had not declared Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos as a campaign donor in his Statement of Contributions and Expenditures. Duterte announced that the eldest daughter of the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos was among the few politicians who funded his presidential campaign weeks ago but her name wasn't among the 183 donors listed by Duterte and the PDP-Laban party in their SOCEs.
- President Duterte vows to improve the country's economy so the current generation of Overseas Filipino Workers will be the last. He made the promise to the Filipino community in Tokyo Shortly after his arrival for a three-day official visit.
- The Philippines' gender gap on the subindex of health and survival remains fully closed while it has re-closed the educational attainment subindex, according to the World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap record. The country has fully closed the gap on health and survival 10 years ago while it re-closed its educational attainment gap which re-opened slightly last year.
- The UNESCO's World Heritage Committee plans to vote on a resolution on Jerusalem that fails to recognize and respect the historic Judaism ties to its holiest site. Following the adoption of the controversial resolution last week, the World Heritage Committee is voting on that draft resolution that similarly ignores the Jewish link to Jerusalem by tomorrow.
- The United States urges NATO member nations to oppose a UN draft resolution proposing negotiations on a legally-binding nuclear weapons ban treaty. The draft resolution is the key highlight of the UN General Assembly's First Committee meeting which began in New York earlier this month.
- Mercedes-Benz unveiled their X-Class Concept Pickup truck, which previews the company's first ever pickup truck to be sold in Europe and some parts of the world next year.
|2016 Mercedes-Benz X-Class Concept|
- The second-generation Mini Countryman has been unveiled prior to its LA Auto Show debut next month. It's now bigger than its predecessor it comes with the first-ever Countryman Plug-in Hybrid model as well.
|2017 Mini Countryman|
- The new Mercedes-AMG E63 4MATIC+ has been unveiled and it comes with the new 4.0L V8 Biturbo engine which produces a more powerful 612HP of power on the S version, while mated to a 9-speed MCT. The new model maybe offered exclusively with 4MATIC all-wheel drive but it comes with a special feature that allows most of its power to be transmitted to the rear wheels.
|2017 Mercedes-AMG E63|
- Shocking news for congoers that Tokyo Comic-Con is banning male crossplay. The rule is listed on the event's official cosplay guidelines as a bullet point beneath restrictions like no real military costumes, excessive skin exposure, and transparent costumes. This ban, targeting only men dressing as female characters but not vice-versa, is actually surprisingly common at cosplay events in Japan.