Friday, November 26, 2010

My GT5 First Impressions...

After double delays, at last, I finally got my hands on the much awaited GT5 for PS3! The one I bought is the Limited Collector's Edition.




This one's have limited availability. It features not just the game itself, but also an special book titled "Apex", a die-cast car, and loads of extras depending on what country. Mine got the U.S. version which not only has the ones mentioned but also I got some kind of a key chain, and the certificate. Plus, bonus five cars you can use it on the game, unless if you have a PSN account.

Now for my first impression, this game seems to be OK for me. I start the game using the 2007 Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 because of its starter price. As I progress, I gain more credits to buy my favorite cars such as the Subaru WRX STi 4-door and the Honda CR-Z.

Never realize that GT5 uses a "level system". In order to participate a race, you must be at the specific level. It applies both in A-Spec and B-Spec. It seems easy or difficult gaining a level before advancing through a certain level-restricted race. When you level up, you can race at certain level-restricted races and buy some level-restricted vehicles. For instance, the level required for buying a Subaru WRX STi 4-door (GVB) is Level 6. So, all I have to do is to keep racing to gain that kind of level. With the matched level and enough funds, I might be able to buy that car.

A-Spec races can be fun, but B-Spec races can be difficult because of your hired driver. At first, your newly hired driver may experiencing a hard time winning a race, but with the experience, it's a start. Either winning or losing, your driver can gain levels, but if the driver screwed up, the driver's experience may deteriorate. Also, pay attention to the driver's strength and mental strength while on the race.

I am already familiar with the difference between Standard tier cars (cars appeared from previous GT games) and Premium tier cars (cars that are new to the GT scene). However there is one car that ends all... the X1 Prototype.

You already know how it looks like and feels like, right? The X1 Prototype is made in collaboration with Red Bull Racing. It is a car exceeds all limitations and obtaining it can be a mystery for now. Only a true Gran Turismo maestro can obtain this mysterious king of racing machines. This car gives you wings, just like the Red Bull commercials; "Red Bull gives you wings". Opponents may surrender if the saw the X1 Prototype in a race, but owners of this prototype win always. Good luck finding that car!

I gotta say that this is the best installment ever made. Since this is on its first update, Polyphony Digital will post GT5 updates soon.

Don't worry, I'm not a KJ for online races.

No comments: