Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Leopaul's Heaven and Hell: About the Rum Raisin-flavored Ice Cream

Rum Raisin

Since the Summer of 2011, my little sister Cecille, bought some unfamiliar kind of ice cream flavor whom to believed that it was another one of their fancy Haagen-Dazs flavor. This flavor in question is believed to be "Rum Raisin".

Rum Raisin? What's that? At first, I thought this was some kind of an ice cream mixed with alcoholic content and yes, I misheard the word "Rum" to "Rhum". You know, the liquor kind of Rhum. I was trying to find out why my little sister bought this kind of ice cream flavor and how did my big sis, Elise, hated this flavor so much because she claimed that this flavor's rubbish.

When I first tasted this Rum Raisin Ice Cream, I never say that this was so delicious. Despite the tasting, I braved my way to saying that this was the best Haagen-Dazs flavor ever made. As time progresses, I finally found my answer. Rum Raisin was actually just "as seen on" Yuru Yuri. All thanks to this character who loves Rum Raisin, Kyoko Toshino.

Kyoko Toshino

Yes, you got me. The reason why a certain anime otaku's on a hunt for the "Rum Raisin" ice cream is because of the obsession of Yuru Yuri's Kyoko, which of course, she loves to eat an ice cream which flavor was Rum Raisin.

Rum Raisin

Sadly for me, I checked most stores in Seattle and most of the Rum Raisin flavored Haagen-Dazs are gone and I don't know when are these kind of flavors coming back. Pretty soon, I will find one store which has one of these but that takes time. Realizing that I'm the Asian in Seattle who was grown to have developing obsession with a certain ice cream flavor thanks to the influence of anime, it's hard to say that when will I find one again. It wasn't easy finding one but soon, I will find one and experience heaven to a whole new level.

No comments: