Sunday, February 12, 2012

The new Polo GTi - It's Explosive

Imagine if the guys from Top Gear Korea went
to Switzerland to drive the new Polo GTi...

Those hot hatches in Forza Motorsport 4 such as the Ford Focus RS, Volkswagen Scirocco R, Renaultsport Megane, and the SEAT Leon Cupra R are seem to be massive. Surely, I was very contended driving with turbocharged micro-minis, especially the Fiat 500 Abarth, but I found out that none of these hot hatches satisfying me for its performance. What I need now is a very "hot" hatch that satisfies my craving and this could be a contender. Representing the Forza Motorsport 4 February ALMS Pack, this is the all new Volkswagen Polo V GTi. The only hot hatch that comes with a supercharger and turbocharger all rolled into one. Those days of driving hot hatches in Forza Motorsport 4 are becoming one of my "Engineering Connections" and with this, this is Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections to the next level.

INSANELY BONKERS!!!

About the Polo V GTi, this is the high-performance version of the fifth-generation Volkswagen Polo, the Golf's little brother. What it lives it up to its name was its superior handling and uncompromising engine dynamics. This is the only Volkswagen hot hatch that comes with the direct-injected 1.4L TSi Twincharger engine, an engine that combines two of the most powerful attributes of the performance world; a supercharger and a turbocharger. This is just like the Japanese hatchback with the words "Super Turbo" from the past. The 1.4L Twincharger engine produces 177HP of power and 184 lb-ft of torque. This allows the car to go from naught to 60 in 6 and a half seconds and it can flat out in 147mph. Those figures really made the Polo V GTi go neck-and-neck with its big brother, the Volkswagen Golf VI GTi.

It's explosive...(Sorry VW Scirocco)

This Polo V GTi made me found the answer I was looking for when it comes to observing the "Engineering Connections" of a hot hatch but it always made me completely bonkers because of its 1.4L Twincharger engine and a 7-speed DSG that makes shifting smooth and silky as my polo I'm wearing for my night classes. This car is not a hot hatch, much like the others, but it is a hyper hatch that is purely demonic and explosive. Some say, it will get you into trouble easily, it will get you out with a smile on your face, and it will soothe your brow, all the way home. As a matter of fact, (sigh) I love it! (Mwah)

No comments: