Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome Back: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Another Porsche turbo....


This is another Porsche turbo. In the past, a 911 was a one-way ticket with no stops at the pearly gates but this is the 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, part of the Porsche Expansion Pack on Forza Motorsport 4. Porsche managed to tame this machine with the right combination of big power and putting the engine in the wrong place.



Back in Forza 3, Porsche sold us a wild ride in the shape of the GT3 or the biblical terrible GT2, which is the 2WD bouncy evil handling version of the Turbo. What this is though is the best of the Porsche 911 range. This comes with the 3.6L B6 engine with two variable geometry turbos, generating 473HP of power distributed through all four wheels. Couple that with the most advanced driving aids and carbon brakes, you have absolute security and stability no matter how fast you are and I am indeed to be...very fast...

The old path to the Old Mulsanne

...because this is where I'm heading, to the Old Mulsanne version of the Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe. A place where you can take your car, no matter what it is, to the max. In the 911 Turbo though, that should be quite a thrill...

That's a hundred miles per hour...

This about a hundred miles per hour now. If I was in Britain, they would take away my license, lose my job, my house, kids take up rugby sniffing, and then locked in jail. Oh wait, I don't have any kids. Anyway, this doesn't seems to be dangerous. So....let's up the pace, shall we?

Porsche says that the top speed is 193mph but they always throw side of caution. I reckoned with the right wind and path, we might be able to hit 200mph...186...190!

Come on! This is the top speed now, 193!

COME ON, SPECK IT!

COME ON!!!!

200MPH!!!

There it is! 200mph!

I love to tell you that I've never been this faster on the Old Mulsanne but I have actually. This is somewhat what life is when Jeremy Clarkson pushed the 911 Turbo to 200mph at the Autobahn from his 2008 DVD, Thriller!

No comments: