Monday, September 24, 2012

The SRT Viper GTS-R on FM4

Le Mans Viper reporting for duty!

It was in one of these. Well, not exactly one of these. Yes, this is the SRT Viper GTS-R, the race-spec version of the SRT Viper and part of Forza Motorsport 4's September Pennzoil Car Pack, the final DLC car pack to be ever offered on this game.

Final DLC car pack on this game? Hmmm....Very convincing. Never thought of it that this is the last car pack we will ever get on Forza 4. Anyway, the car...

Another SRT Viper GTS-R!

It's like the SRT Viper GTS in terms of its looks but the 8.4L V10 engine was been toned down to 8.0L and the power output's reduced from 640HP to 455HP in order to meet the regulations of the GT-class for the American Le Mans. For the GT class, it is required that a GT-class racer to have the maximum engine size of 5.5L but the 8-litre GTS-R was exempted, requiring a restrictor in the engine’s intake tract. Also, the luxuries on the interior has been stripped and replaced it with racing peripherals and they made it lighter than the normal SRT Viper. It weighs almost about three tons.

Here in Forza 4, they featured not one but two SRT Viper GTS-R racers. One is the #91, which made it on 10th place for the GT-class, and the #93 Viper. Little known fact that major sponsors for the SRT Viper GTS-R includes Forza Motorsport, TWS Forged, Michelin, Magneti Marelli, Sabelt, Pennzoil, and Mopar. Something bothered me that a couple of months ago, Car Town did featured a Forza Motorsport-sponsored #91 Viper GTS-R. Isn't that too timey-wimey? Never mind that. I will be driving the #91 Viper and I am going to survive the assault at Road America until my uploaded YouTube video regarding Viper GTS-R's at the Top Gear Test Track and when uploading starts, I shall set off....

And because it's starting to upload, the Viper assault begins...

Viper Assault

Ooh, it's getting a bit too dynamic...

Okay, 0-60 takes over three seconds and top speed...not as fast as the road car. SRT claims that it's about 182MPH. Gearbox's mounted at the back for better weight distribution, carbon fiber body, aircon on the racing cockpit as a regulation to keep racers well-ventilated, I am starting to think about this is my new office. My new cubicle for the race track perhaps. But rather than being a cubicle, the SRT Viper GTS-R tends to be even more dynamic so you have to watch out for that because the slightest mistake may cost you dearly. It may not about as amazing as the Corvette Racing ZR1 I drove last June but I'm managing...

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER...

Okay, I think my upload's about 70% done and let's not mess around shall we? Let's be serious...

Nearly hit the cone...

Mmmmm....toasty!

I now have 90% complete on my upload and I'm starting to get serious about the SRT Viper GTS-R's hidden talent, something that will give the judges a BIG YES. And if I mean BIG YES, I wanna refer to an Amy Pond-kind of BIG YES. I am unable to contain excitement to this...

BIG YES!

UNABLE TO CONTAIN EXCITEMENT

..because it's a BIG YES and I am UNABLE TO CONTAIN EXCITEMENT, I'm starting to like this stripped-out race-spec version of the SRT Viper but then someone said that the upload is complete so...my excitement's over...

Excitement's end...

It was quite a thrill for me to drive the SRT Viper GTS-R and for that Community Rivals event set on Road Atlanta course using nothing but Viper GTS-R's, here's how I stacked up...

Here's how I stacked up...

To mark the occasion, let's watch the YouTube video I've uploaded...

No comments: