Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Forza Horizon: Cowboys and Grand Cherokees...

This ranch sure knows how to tame this!

By the moment I drive the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, I feel like I'm the sort of idiot who wears a stetson and some racing overalls, ready for some bullriding at the bar. Better yet, this is like an Irish bar fight! Wait, am I saying that loud, am I? Never mind...

Gotcha my little beauty!

...but still, I'm more than happy to take the wheel of the all new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. It maybe the heaviest of the SRT family, probably because this is a crossover made for those who are living in a western ranch and wearing stetsons for everyday lives but with the 6.4L HEMI V8 you get from the Charger SRT8, it packs a punch. It would be perfect enough to make some trouble in Colorado, if you are engaging in a playground game in Horizon. With the added weight, that makes it perfect to ram your rivals while you're shouting "get out of the way!" and makes you want to play dirty thanks to its 4WD layout.

Grand Cherokees are made for tackling any type of terrain whether if its asphalt or dirt and this, the SRT8, does really want to pull everything it got to have the massive V8 engine do the work for itself. This was made for the hairy-chested drivers, those who are brave enough to get down and dirty with this one and if you are noob for this one, well I'm sorry. You'd better off with an everyday car.

The out-of-towner

I drove the previous model in FM3 and FM4 and I gotta say that the SRT8 version of Jeep's flagship Grand Cherokee kinda sacrificed its handling for the sake of added acceleration and power. This is somewhat a muscle car in a SUV's clothing, if you know what I mean. Now, with this new version I'm driving, I'm getting a totally new difference. This is "riding cowboy" to a whole new level. Better get my stetsons on because this new Jeep SRT8 is a bulky high-performance crossover that sure loves to wrestle anyone that stands on its way.

No comments: