Thursday, June 27, 2013

Leopaul's Heaven and Hell: WHY I HATE THE 2014 CORVETTE STINGRAY...

This is exactly why I hate the C7 Corvette

Sure, in the world of American sports cars, both the Corvette and the Viper are fierce rivals and the majority of car enthusiasts believed that Corvettes are better than Vipers. Since the Corvette's regeneration into its seventh incarnation, with everything back to basics as well as the newly developed V8 engine and the first ever 7-speed manual gearbox, it attracted a massive attention from the motoring public worldwide and yes, it's a Gran Turismo-exclusive machine since it became a free DLC on Gran Turismo 5 days after its NAIAS reveal and now the C7 Corvette's reprising on the upcoming Gran Turismo 6, coming at the end of the year exclusively on the PS3 console.

Of course, even though this is a Gran Turismo car, there are so many morons out there begging to see the 2014 Corvette Stingray on other games outside Gran Turismo. Well, Forza Motorsport 5 is a common candidate but since it's available exclusive on the all-new XBOX ONE, everyone's going to dislike it probably because of the whole privacy issues despite Microsoft backed down its X1 policies such as playing offline for 24 hours and trade-in games. Oh geez, even with the reversed policy, there has been some mixed reactions, some would really buy it while some disagree and buy a PS4 instead because it's cheaper than the X1 but what do you get? Multiplayer requires a PS Plus subscription which is costly and the upcoming PS4 games can bore you easily, especially DriveClub. Well, with the exception of the upcoming MGSV because I love it and I really going to have one someday.

Anyway, ever since I tried it on Gran Turismo 5, I was going to say yes, I love this car. It may not have more oomph than its rivals from Europe as well as the outgoing Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 but it's more track-focused, more dynamic, more bewildering, and more fun to drive. It sure loves to leave the whole world in a cloud of tire smoke and overall, the best handling Corvette in ages. Yes, it may seem like a love affair but like couples divorcing each other because of their issues, it seems that I'm starting to hate the 2014 Corvette Stingray so much. No no...it's not the rear lamps that breaks away from its tradition but perhaps...it took away my dignity.

Sorry but it seems that THE DOOF IS ON so please bear with me, okay? Ahem...The backstory, every bad guys' move before explaining their evil plot to heroes they've caught. I just once read numerous comments about the upcoming FM5 on the X1 console and what I'm always noticing that most of the car nuts condemn against both the game and the console due to numerous issues. Some say, "I would rather go for GT6 on the PS3 rather than buying X1 and the FM5" and that's just...too much! As I know, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond will be making their in-game narrations on the upcoming Forza Motorsport 5 as well as numerous Top Gear content on this game and because of such Top Gear goodness and since I'm a huge fan of Top Gear, I'd say I'm in but because of the morons condemn and go "meh meh meh meh meh", I'm starting to irritate myself. Why would you go for a game that has a 1200 car lineup of utter nonsense instead of a game that has everything Top Gear and lots of the hot cars you've ever dream of. I mean imagine what would the Gran Turismo 6 lineup will be...you won't be expecting cool cars that FM5's going to feature such as the Cadillac CTS-V, the latest SRT models, the Vanquish (the one James May drove in America since Series 19), the F12berlinetta (Clarkson's going to drive it on Series 20), the Range Rover, the Koenigsegg, GENESIS COUPE, Forte Koup, the reasonably priced cars from Top Gear, the Supersport Veyron, Continental GT, anything. That's right. The whole GT6 1200-car-lineup will be a total boredom and ahem...no feature to upload replays, no livery creating, no engine swapping, just plain boredom and oh...endurance races can be a total waste of time unless you're on the B-Spec racing with a 1000HP racecar and let it do the rest. He he he...

Well, in the essence of Gran Turismo, there were night racing and change of weather, making it a little more complicated and who would rather want to race in either evenings or in wet laps? Grrr.... It's a good thing Forza Motorsport series don't do that kind of stuff...Well, save the night racing and the offroad stuff from the Horizon spinoff of last year. It was so amazing that no weather change and night racing going to be involved in the upcoming FM5 and that makes me happy. Ahhh.... But wait! What was that? No night racing? No weather change? They're booing? Grrrr....

Why can't Gran Turismo feature the good cars that Forza had? Well, you don't need some reasons but because the lineup's going to be boring as well as the mechanics. No way and no deal. I would reserve the Xbox One and Forza 5 no matter the negative comments are throwing and in a terribly irrelevant way, I don't want any mistakes happened when Bandai Namco refused to put the Punkish Gothic outfit on the PS3 version of THE iDOLM@STER 2.

Wait...what? What did I say? Oh yeah! The part about not putting Punkish Gothic on PS3 iM@S 2 was a big mistake? Oh! That just rings a bell! This whole thing fueled my hatred against the 2014 Corvette Stingray, the same thing I showed my hatred against the MINI Countryman crossover! Oh! So angry, I would rather break Eleventh Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver toy into pieces!!! Seems that I have developed my absolute rage against the new Corvette because what that car took away from me? The hopes and dreams to make the unexpected expected and one day...well, you know the rest. The R-word. Blah blah blah...Meh meh meh meh meh...

Anyway, if I had an encounter against the new Corvette one-on-one, what should I do? Either the Clarkson way or the Brainiac way? No matter which way I'm approaching, my hatred against the new generation keeps on boiling and hey, note to self, don't buy the 2014 Corvette unless it denounces its Gran Turismo exclusivity. That's all...

2 comments:

Richard Joash Tan said...

but for me, I love the 2014 Corvette Stingray

Visitor from United States said...

does anyone dislike the 2014 corvette?