Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gran Turismo 6: The maiden voyage

Hello, welcome to my first ever blog regarding what's what in the world of Gran Turismo 6. Day One involves the first playable car in the game and that's none other than the second-generation Honda Fit RS.



Things to know about the 2010 Honda Fit RS:

1) This is the facelifted version of the second-generation Fit
2) This is the sporty model
3) The facelifted second-generation model was launched in Autumn 2010
4) This is the only beginner car in GT6



Reason why this is the only beginner car in Gran Turismo 6? Well, when you start up the game, there's the tutorial where at the start, you'll drive the 2010 Renault Clio RS one lap round Brands Hatch and then after, you are at the main menu where the tutorial will direct you to the 2010 Honda Fit RS at the dealerships. Well, you get the idea but what's like driving in the only starter car in the game? The car served as Page One of your GT6 career?



Well, as a beginner's car, it's not half bad but it's not half good either. It maybe more of a sportier version of the Fit but once I face this car to the corner, I get a fair bit of understeer. It's as swift as a jungle bolo trying to cut through a full-grown thorn. Ouch. Perhaps no wonder the Fit supplanted Honda's lineup in Japan while the Civic was removed from the list, therefore this compact hatchback doesn't feel a bit too much of a hot hatch.

Although it weighs about a thousand kilos, it feels a bit heavier. I'd never seen a sporty Honda hatch like this that doesn't feel as sporty as its rivals. However, this first impression was just the tip of the iceberg and for that, I gave the second-generation Fit RS a bit of a challenge, just to find out how good this thing is...



For that, I take on the first Seasonal Event of the new game and oh, to access the Online Features such as Lobby and Seasonal Events, you must have the National A License first before accessing it. Well, you get the idea but anyway, onto the first Seasonal Event...

On this event, my 2010 Fit RS should be wearing Comfort Soft tyres or less, has a PP of 380 or below, and no nitrous allowed. Quite amazed that the Nitrous feature from GT4 make a comeback in GT6 but anyway, I tuned my 2010 Fit RS to meet the 380 PP regulations and for me, it's all power to me because in theory, more power will make me win but who cares.

Despite my added power, it seems I made my 2010 Fit RS' handling a bit worse, even in the small corners of the GT Arena Layout A, the one where you race with your go-karts. Despite my catastrophic understeers, I manage to beat the Gold target time and my record is 0:34.164. I think my Fit RS needs improvement but this is the best I can do today.



So, while the 2010 Honda Fit RS may not be the only beginner car you are relying on but hey, this is the car that served as the first page of your GT6 legacy. Here in GT6, you have so much to expect, so much to see, new places to go, new cars to try, and new challenges to face. It's all up to you to progress your GT6 journey just the way you are.

Good luck on your GT6 maiden voyage, racers! Perhaps no wonder the Honda Fit RS' 10 served as the maiden voyage on your GT6 journey.

No comments: