Friday, July 10, 2015

A visit to the new Round 1 Southcenter branch

Now, there's something new opened at the west side of the Westfield South Center and what this is is an amusement center that most longtime visitors been longing for so long now and now, it's here and it's the one they've been waiting for; an amusement corner located in the west side of the Westfield South Center.


This is the South Center branch of Round 1 USA, the US subsidiary of Japan's bowling and amusement chain Round 1, and this is my first time entering this newly opened branch. If you parked near JCPenney or Seafood City, you'll gonna have to walk through the long way to find this branch located at the west side of the Westfield South Center. Since this is newly opened, some improvements have been made to keep the guests happy but first...


The opening times are different to what Westfield South Center's does because this branch opens everyday from 10:00 to 02:00. That's 10:00AM to 2:00 AM if you set it on the 12-hour format. By midnight, they don't allow minors under the age of 20 unless accompanied by a parent or a guardian. That's the rule, but anyway, let's go inside because I am dying to find out what's in store for South Center's Round 1.



This is unlike any other amusement chain I've ever been and there's a huge selection of arcade games in store for the visitors. There are shooting games, rhythm games, they even have prize stands where they can get some prizes, if they're lucky.


In typical Round 1 fashion, there's even a bowling alley for those who love to play bowling with their mates.




There's some karaoke rooms where friends and family can enjoy singing to their favorite songs of their choosing.


I remember thinking back when I'm beating Time Crisis 4, I once said that a mad game maker like Bandai Namco couldn't make games like these anymore but I was wrong because there is such thing as Time Crisis 5 at all. It's the first Time Crisis game that runs on Unreal Engine, same as Tekken 7, and while it retains the same Time Crisis formula, it features the brand new Double Pedal System where you can go left or right to shoot down covering enemies or cover from enemy fire. Welcome everyone to the most exhilarating installment of the Time Crisis series. I really want to play this latest installment but not now. I'll try it later on a later date.


As I ventured through the arcade stands in the new Round 1 South Center branch, I have found the cherry of the cake. It's Taiko no Tatsujin but this is the old Taiko no Tatsujin 14 I've encountered on Round 1. While it maybe as outdated as my iPod Touch, it sounds like it could be a gem.


The reason why it sounds like it could be a gem because this particular Taiko no Tatsujin not only offers a selection of anime theme songs, J-POP hits, and original songs, but also video game songs. What tickles my fancy that this Taiko no Tatsujin game had songs from, you've guessed it, THE IDOLM@STER, but aside from that, it has two Ridge Racer songs, and there's a song heard from ACE COMBAT JOINT ASSAULT called "In The Zone".


Playing Taiko no Tatsujin is so intense! You have to be so super-focused when it comes to playing this game before your hands get tired from all the drum-beating. I guess this is somewhat what life is for my certain buddy behind the sticks. Yes, I had a buddy from Arizona who loves IDOLM@STER, and she really enjoyed playing this game only when the song she chose was IDOLM@STER-related. I'm not on the same level as hers but I am really learning how to play that Taiko no Tatsujin game and play until my arms got tired...or one of my hands got a blister anyway. This is just fantastic.

So, producers of the Northwest, you have finally met your match. Looks like you've finally found a place to enjoy and what no better way to enjoy your P life than playing Taiko no Tatsujin while enjoying the songs from THE IDOLM@STER series. Useful bit of science, though.


I love going back to Round 1 but what I love most about going to Round 1 is playing that damn fantastic Taiko no Tatsujin game or if I had time, I can visit my family to take some time out from their daily lives. I can invite them to some karaoke sessions or bowling sessions but the one thing I don't want from them is using my Club Card's remaining tokens on some UFO catchers containing hard-to-get objects such as plushies.

No comments: