Saturday, March 14, 2015
Welcome back. Here is your current sitrep:
- Cyclone Pam devastates the south Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu and houses of the nation's capital, Port Vila, were destroyed. Eight people were confirmed dead but UN agencies say dozens may have been killed. Pam has brought winds of up to 270kph and torrential rain.
- Japanese people are now able to travel more quickly between Tokyo to Kanazawa on the Sea of Japan coast as the Hokuriku Shinkansen line opens.
- According to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima, the PNP's Board of Inquiry cannot impose accountability on Philippine president Benigno Aquino III regarding the Mamasapano clash that killed 44 PNP SAF members last January.
- Sony Pictures Animation cancelled their upcoming Popeye CG-animated movie spearheaded by Dexter's Laboratory's Genndy Tartakovsky.
- The hotel's reopened for more spooky fun times as Hotel Transylvania 2 is ready to open in theaters this late September 2015.
- The 2016 Mazda Roadster will make its first-ever video game debut via a free Forza Horizon 2 car pack coming this 17th of March for the XBOX One consoles.
- BBC will spawn a TV drama based on the ever-popular Grand Theft Auto video game franchise.
|Disney's Cinderella (2015 film)|
The Disney Princess that started it all has been reborn as Disney's live-action adaptation of the classic masterpiece, Cinderella, promises to deliver a totally new level of magnificence for the moviegoers while keeping the Disney magic alive for many years to come.
Starring the ever-talented Lily James as well as Richard Madden as the Prince, Cate Blanchett as the stepmother, Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy godmother, and many others, this is more than just a live-action adaptation, it's a reimagining of the iconic Disney classic that changes everything what we thought from our heads.
So, what's the story? Ella once had a happy life with her loving family and plenty of animal friends to play with but when her life turns grim since her parents' death and her stepmother and stepsisters treated her like a servant, can she find her courage and kindness to her life filled with sadness and cruelty?
Like I said, this is a reimagining that changes everything we thought about this timeless classic but it still retains some of the classic Cinderella moments we saw, as well as her beautiful transformation. When I said beautiful, it REALLY is beautiful and I'm starting to have my guilty pleasure after watching this film.
I watched that classic cartoon when I was little and I was one of the many youth who think Cinderella has one of the brightest storylines in all of the Disney classics and for this live-action movie, well, even though everything I thought about this Disney Princess has changed, I am still enamored by it because Disney still remembered one of the key mantras of a true Disney princess; finding their courage to get through their troubled pasts and their kindness to be who they really are.
Although flawed, the new Cinderella movie is a must-watch for the entire family and it doesn't really matter who you really as long as you got your Disney side to experience one of Spring's must watched movies of 2015. It takes a little bippity-boppity-boo to give you a slight smile on your face after watching the film.
Oh and I almost forgot, before that movie, there's a Frozen Fever short and in that short, it was Princess Anna's birthday and while Sven, Kristoff, and Olaf prepping for the big party, Elsa has a big surprise for her sister. What was her big surprise for Anna? Well, you have to watch that short by yourself before watching the Cinderella movie.
My rating: 4.9 out of 5.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
|2015 Suzuki Alto Turbo RS|
Remember the Suzuki Alto Works? Yes. It was the kind of Alto that garnered a fresh batch of car enthusiasts because of its sporty appearance and its hot hatch-like handling that proves even kei cars can be a lot fun to drive. Now, fast forward to today and looks like there's a new successor to the legendary Alto Works. It's called the all-new Suzuki Alto Turbo RS and while this is essentially based on the latest generation Suzuki Alto, the car that garnered the crown of being the king of fuel efficient petrol cars, the Turbo RS model changes everything what a kei car should be; light, agile, and a lot more enjoyable to own.
It looks like a normal Alto but the Turbo RS's exterior traces its roots to the legendary Works because it has some of the Works-inspired cosmetic treatments at the front as well as some red accents that will make it a bit more of a juvenile delinquent. Just imagine, if you're going to park it at your nearest coffee shop, they will think you are more of an open window maniac rather than the boy next door.
|2015 Suzuki Alto Turbo RS interior|
|2015 Suzuki Alto Turbo RS interior|
The interior looks more like a normal Alto as well but with some red accents and some red stuff at the seats, it really brings out that fresh hot hatch smell to the Turbo RS. You can even see a different speedo made specifically for this model.
|2015 Suzuki Alto Turbo RS|
The performance-oriented Alto Turbo RS is equipped with the turbocharged version of Suzuki's R06A petrol engine complete with the breakthrough Suzuki Green Technology for fuel-efficiency measures. This engine produces 64PS of power and 98Nm of torque.
The Alto Turbo RS is mated exclusively with Suzuki's 5-speed Auto Gear Shift transmission and if you need a quick refresher, the ASG is Suzuki's new automatic gearbox equipped with an electro-hydraulic actuator that automatically operates clutch and gearshift and by integrating these two, ASG is made to provide unity on the operating device, resulting to an excellent fuel efficiency of 25.6kmpl, easy driving, and fun driving. Best of all, it comes fitted with paddle shifters and when the driver engages the gearbox into Manual Mode, shifting is not so bad, although it can be somewhat a dreadful experience because for us car enthusiasts, changing gears is a freedom of expression that can't be denied. Sadly for the Turbo RS, it's automatic gearbox or nothing. Sigh... I thought they want to make an Alto that captures the magic of the legendary Alto Works from the past but feels like they didn't.
What about handling? Well, for a hot kei car, looks like the Alto tries to redeem itself from its lousy gearbox because thanks to some sport-tuned suspension, ventilated disc brakes, and some Bridgestone Potenza tires built specifically for this model. This is definitely a great car to handle even for beginners when they take one on a track day at Tsukuba. It feels light, agile, and drivers can have as much fun as they like as long as they know how to unleash this hot kei car's potential.
The Alto Turbo RS starts at 1,293,840 up to 1,415,880 Yen, making it one of the most affordable hot hatches to start with. It maybe more expensive than any other kei cars but for a driver's car, this is a great start to your car enthusiast life if you got yourself a driver's license for the very first time.
Available colors: Pearl White, Pure Red, and Bluish Black Pearl 3.
Photo: Suzuki Motor Corporation.
Fans of Top Gear will be saddened that the remaining Series 22 episodes will be put on hiatus because there's a report told that one of the show's presenters, Jeremy Clarkson, was suspended by the BBC over some arguments with one of the show's producers. Some reports say, he punched one of the producers over a meal rage following a day of shooting.
The BBC issued a statement: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation. No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. We will be making no further comment at this time.”
Clarkson was infamous for his series of provocative actions through the years. He was warned by the BBC last year that one false move will sack him indefinitely.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
March 11, 2011 - At the Tohoku Region of Japan, a magnitude-9 earthquake triggered a nightmarish tsunami that was more than 10 meters high. Authorities said as of now, over 18,500 people were either dead of unaccounted for while almost 3,000 people died while evacuated from their homes.
Not only that, it triggered a meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant, causing radiation fears not only in Japan but the rest of the world.
It's been four long years have passed since the disaster and there are so many lessons learned from the aftermath of the multiple disasters at the Tohoku region.
Some people rebuilt their lives, others have to move on, and a few wanted to stay at that desolate landscape.
I just really want to know how are the people from the Tohoku region are doing ever since they've survived the March 11 disaster four years ago.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
|Top Gear S22E07|
The seventh episode of BBC Top Gear goes rallying as James May tries his luck at the World Rallycross against some of the world's finest rally drivers known.
Meanwhile, Jeremy Clarkson's on the track trying out Jaguar's brand new F-Type Coupe R as well as Eagle's next reborn E-Type called the Low Drag GT. The Stig set the F-Type's lap time in a 1:21.6. Then, Richard Hammond flies to Spain to try out the latest generation of Mazda Roadster/MX-5.
Former Skins star Nicholas Hoult is the SIARPC and he set a lap time of 1:44.7 round the Top Gear Track.
Sunday, March 8, 2015
Welcome back. Here is your current sitrep:
- Today marks the 50th anniversary of the "Bloody Sunday" occurred at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, sparked fury between policemen and civil rights activists against racial oppression, prompting the historic voting rights for minorities. US President Barack Obama told during the remembrance that America's racial history "still casts its long shadow upon us". On March 7, 1965, thousands of people marched from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, to demand an end to racial discrimination, until the brutal beatings by law enforcement. Witnessing the carnage at the Edmund Pettus Bridge, lawmakers prompted to pass the Voting Rights Act five months later.
- Nigerian militant group Boko Haram pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, according to an audio message. Although not yet confirmed, this message was posted by what it claims to be the leader of Boko Haram, named Abubakar Shekau.
- Meanwhile in Colombia, the nation's government troops and the FARC rebels agreed to collaborate themselves to clear off the remaining landmines in rural areas where they fought in the 60's.
- Despite denial by the Quezon City government, retired and active policemen as well as the relatives of the slain 44 Philippine National Police Special Action Force members are going ahead on their scheduled Sympathy march anyway. This march has been organized by the PNP Academy Alumni Association Inc., and despite the QC government revoked their permits from the last minute, they've continue with the planned march as usual.
- While we're still not in the woods over the DIG miniseries, let's take a look on our real-life DIG as somewhere in Greece, a geologist who took part on the excavation on the ancient burial mound in Amphipolis said that the ancient tomb found together with a series of vaulted rooms wasn't built at the same time but somewhat later than the rooms themselves.
- This week, Google's Blogger postponed their new porn policy stating that blogs that distributed sexually explicit images or graphic nudity would be made private. It's because Google received numerous feedback about the impacts on the users' blogs and instead of making changes, Google will be maintaining their existing policies.
- There's a Pokemon Center-exclusive Nendoroid on the radar! It's the Sinnoh League Champion Cynthia from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl! Available at your nearest Pokemon Center across Japan for 5,000 Yen (plus tax), Pokemon fans can take home the series' first female champion which includes her favorite Pokemon, Garchomp.
This year's Geneva Motor Show runs until the 15th of March, 2015, and for this year, looks like the majority of the world premieres at this show are mostly driver-focused thanks to some new releases from Ferrari, McLaren, Honda, Ford, and many others. So, let's find out what are the stars of today's show.
2015 Aston Martin DBX Concept
2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Special Edition
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2015 Audi Prologue Avant Concept
2017 Audi Q7 e-tron 3.0 TDI quattro
2015 Audi R8 LMS
2016 Audi R8 V10
2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
2016 Audi R8 e-tron
2016 Audi RS3 Sportback
2016 BMW 1-Series
2016 BMW 1-Series 3-door
2016 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer
2016 Bentley Continental GT Convertible
2016 Bentley Continental GT Speed
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
2015 Brabus 850 6.0 Biturbo Coupe
2015 Brabus Rocket 900
2015 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse La Finale
2016 Citroen DS5
2016 Ferrari 488 GTB
2015 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Lusso by Touring
2016 Ford Focus RS
2015 GTA Spano
2015 Honda Civic Type R
2016 Hyundai Tucson
2015 Infiniti QX30 Concept
2015 Kia Sportspace Concept
2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
2016 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
2015 Lexus LF-SA Concept
2016 Lotus Evora 400
2016 McLaren 675LT
2015 McLaren P1 GTR
2015 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
2015 Mercedes-Benz G500 4x4-2 Concept
2016 Mercedes-Benz S600 Pullman Maybach
2015 Mercedes-Benz Vision e Concept
2015 Mini Countryman Park Lane
2015 Mitsubishi XR-PHEV II Concept
2015 NanoFlowcell Quant F Concept
2015 NanoFlowcell Quantino Concept
2015 Nissan Sway Concept
2016 Opel Corsa OPC
2015 Opel Karl
2016 Peugeot 208
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
2015 Qoros 3 City SUV 1.6T
2016 Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy EDC
2016 Renault Kadjar
2015 Rolls-Royce Phantom Serenity
2015 Seat 20V20 Concept
2015 Skoda Octavia RS 230
2016 Skoda Superb
2015 Suzuki iK-2 Concept
2015 Suzuki iM-4 Concept
2016 Toyota Auris
2016 Toyota Avensis
2015 Volkswagen Golf GTD Variant
2016 Volkswagen Passat Alltrack
2016 Volkswagen Sharan
2015 Volkswagen Sport Coupe GTE Concept
2016 Volkswagen Touran
On the March 6, 2015 episode of Bubble Gang
- Beard guy tries to impress his girl
- "Di ka gumadruate" gags
- Istambay, Istambay Sa Looban, May Bagong Istorya sa Umpukan, Napadpad si Hilda sa Tambayan, Dito nya Nakilala si...RYAN!!!
- IKAW AT ANG INA takes on...hashtags!
- Brod Pete answers every people's questions in ANG BAGONG DATING DOON INTERNATIONAL!
- The Tolpu Bros. are addressing a complaint about a landlord's unfair practices in T3 Nyo!
- A patient is having fun with the nurses.
- Reminder: Clear your browser history, folks!