Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A weekend with my sister's Korean crossover

Last weekend is something I worth remember for because I was given a chance to be inside my sister's new car for the first time and I never felt so happy to be part of this day out with me and my family in a Korean crossover I'm particularly fond of.


This Korean crossover I'm talking about is none other than the Kia Sorento, on its third-generation. Yes, I am sorta familiar with this generation but this third-generation Sorento is somewhat different to what is offered in South Korea because this particular Sorento is basically a US-spec version and it is offered with petrol engines exclusively on this market.

The one my sister had is a basic-entry LX model and under the hood is 2.4L GDi DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine, which produces 185HP of power and 178 lb-ft of torque with an EPA estimated mileage of 29 MPG highway, mated with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Apart from that, the features of this model my sister Elise got are rear-view monitor, USB/AUX connectivity, aircon, radio, climate control with heating/cooling functions on the interior, some stuff I know, but anyway, no time to jot down what's what because my sister got this car as a birthday present from our brother-in-law.

According to Kia, the LX model of the Sorento costs 26,400 Dollars but I'm not sure how did they manage to finance on this car or how much will they pay annually since there are some theories I'm proposing; is it by lease? Easy finance? Jury's out but I'm not sure how long will this new car will last with my sister's family onboard now that she's got two kids.


The key to my sister's crossover. Never mind the keychain I've bolted to it because it looks so cute when I strap it on. Anyway, what I'm going to do is sit back and whistle while my sister drives her new crossover utility vehicle that we're on it.




Apologies for some idol trash listening on my sister's car audio but all I can say that the USB connectivity on her car does work. In fact, she doesn't even bothered by all those idol trash I'm listening to.


Anyway, we stopped by at Westfield Southcenter for some obvious stuff we're doing such as shopping, eating, and in the case of me, spending a few minutes at the arcade. Round 1, to be precise. While there, I finished shopping for some stuff that I'll be needing at this month's convention happening within a few weeks...probably during this month's Holy Week to be precise.



With the day at the Westfield Southcenter truly finished, we went back home and during the trip back home, I was surprised by just how comfy the new Sorento is and I feel like I want to be in this car as long as I please, if my sister wishes to do so.

On the next day...


Me and my family are using this new car once again, only this time, we're going to the Clarion Hotel, the place we often used for special occasions (and made me bored easily) for the 64th wedding anniversary of our grandparents.


We arrived at the Clarion Hotel for the very occasion but I guess I should fast forward back home so I can tell just how good this car is.


In my evaluation, I have to say it performs better than the previous cars we had; be it a saloon that my Dad often used to go to work or shopping at places like the Salvation Army or Bartell Drugs or the minivan my sister's family used for their family bonding purposes, and even if I'm in the very position I may find it uncomfortable, like the front seat I'm sitting on has been raised to accommodate baby boy's legroom, the ride still compensates very well.

Well, I have to thank my big sis for letting me riding on this new Korean crossover and by upholding my promise to her, I had a little parting gift just for her.


I hope you like my parting gift. It's a keychain of THE IDOLM@STER's Miki Hoshii, donned in her 10th anniversary costume, although this costume never seen the light of day from last year's 10th anniversary concert of THE IDOLM@STER due to the fact that Miki Hoshii's seiyuu didn't make it alongside Ritsuko's and Yayoi's. I hope this will serve as a token of my gratitude to her after letting me having a ride on her new Kia.

No comments: