- Onto the imminent burial of the late Ferdinand E. Marcos, Palace officials expect the late dictator's burial "fit for the president". Marcos is set to be laid to rest at the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Taguig City, under the direct order of President Rodrigo Duterte. The plan has been met with protests by groups recalling his atrocities during the martial law years.
- Philippine Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. and Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida urged China to respect the rule of law and maritime security in disputed waters. They made the statement on Thursday at a press briefing in Davao amid recent news of China's rapid construction of hangars to house fighter jets on some parts of the Spratlys.
- In New York City, police apprehended a male who climbed through the Trump Tower with his suction cups. The climber aimed to meet up with Trump personally, although Republican presidentiable Donald Trump's not here because he's been at battleground states, continuing his attack against his rival Hillary Clinton. The attacks, this time, involves recently leaked e-mails regarding connections between the State Department and the Clinton Foundation as well as the sudden appearance of the father of the slain Orlando mass shooter at a Clinton rally somewhere in Florida.
- Delta Air Lines has cancelled about 2,000 flights globally due to system error caused by a power outage earlier this week. The US airline says a power outage in Georgia hit its computer systems on Monday, forcing them to cancel about thousand flights on the day. Delta also cancelled additional flights on the next day as it failed to recover the systems completely.
- In Pokemon GO-related news, the Philippine National Police issues safety tips for those who are playing the hit smartphone app game.
- Mercedes-Maybach is teasing a coupe concept ahead of its Pebble Beach premiere.
- Skoda showcased its first teaser for its upcoming flagship SUV, the Kodiaq.
- Hyundai Motor Company teases their third-generation i30 hatchback, previewing its new design.
- Former Daily Show host and comedian Jon Stewart is creating an animated comedy show for HBO. The series might be schedule to air as early as September but could debut later in the fall. The idea of the show will be an cartoonish spoof of a cable news network with an Onion-like portal, according to HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
- James Reid and Nadine Lustre are currently at Greece for the shooting of their new drama, Till I Met You.
- Today marks the 56th Weeksary of AlDub. Anyway, while we're not talking about Kalyeserye stuff because AlDub are still on their Moroccan vacation, there's good news because a TV drama starring themselves is in the works! Finally!