- Onto the upcoming Marcos burial, President Rodrigo Duterte insists that the law does not prohibit the burial of late President Ferdinand E Marcos at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani whether he was a hero or not. He said that while the cemetery's name bares a qualifier "bayani", it is merely a "generic title" and not all who are buried there are heroes.
- Meanwhile, former president Fidel V. Ramos, acting as a special envoy to China, met with his old friends in Hong Kong to discuss the relationship between the two countries. Ramos met with former Ambassador to Manila Fu Ying and China's National Institute for South China Sea Studies President Wu Shicun to discuss ways to resolve the dispute between the two countries.
- A submarine belonged to the Royal Australian Navy has arrived at the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo Friday morning. The Philippine Navy said the Australian submarine arrived 0900 hours local time for a port visit and will be there until the 27th of August. PN delegates rendered the customary welcome ceremony on the ship and crew, headed by Commander Jason Cupples.
- Libyan forces say they have captured the Islamic State's headquarters int he coastal city of Sirte. The US-backed forces said on Wednesday that they captured a convention center that served as the Islamic State militants' base in the city center. The militants had once controlled hospital and university buildings in Sirte as well.
- Tensions between the Russians and the Ukrainians are worsen following Moscow's detention of people it calls Ukrainian saboteurs in Crimea. Russia's security service FSB said on Wednesday that it captured saboteurs who had been preparing to target Crimean infrastructures. It added that a Russian soldier and an FSB worker were killed during the operation.
- New Pokemon Sun and Mon info on the radar. The latest information involves a group of bandits known as Team Skull, new Pokemon as well as new Alolan forms to familiar Pokemon such as Raichu, Marowak, and Meowth. That's right!
- The Code Geass franchise will celebrate their 10th anniversary this year with a special event happening at the Maihama Amphitheater on the 27th of November.
- The 2nd DL Live for the PS4-exclusive THE IDOLM@STER Platinum Stars, called "Sweet x2 Live!" will be available on the PlayStation Store on the 17th of August. Prizes for clearing this DL live include high-ranking accessories including the brand new "Sweet Pop Flower" costume, set to the highest rank!
- Patrick Stewart announced that he will be reprising his role of Professor X in an upcoming Wolverine sequel, due 2017, but presumably, this will be the last time reprising his role in the world of X-MEN.