- The Low Pressure northeast of Itbayat, Batanes has developed into a tropical depression, named Enteng, according to PAGASA. As of 0800 hours local time, Enteng was located at 695km east northeast of Itbayat, Batanes. It is expected to leave the Philippine Area of Responsibility by Friday morning.
- The Commission of Elections has lauded Congress for agreeing to postpone the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections to next year. COMELEC is reacting on the decision last Tuesday by the Senate and the House of Representatives which agreed to move the forthcoming polls to the 23rd of October, 2017.
- Senator Leila de Lima confronted some of President Rodrigo Duterte's closest allies with questions on the anti-wiretapping law on suspicion that her cellphone has been rigged. At the Senate hearing on the problem of illegal drugs, De Lima told Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II and Philippine National Police chief Director General Bato dela Rosa that someone might be listening in to her personal communications seemingly without any compelling reason to do so.
- Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump delivered his most aggressive immigration speech in Arizona but before that, he flew to Mexico to meet up with President Enrique Peña Nieto. Trump did talked about his planned wall-building but didn't discuss who will pay for it. Behind the scenes after Trump's visit, Peña Nieto said that they will not pay for the wall. Now, onto his aggressive speech during his Arizona visit, he outline his 10-point plan for immigration reform, in his plot to rid the country of 16,000,000 illegal aliens.
- Meanwhile, reports told that Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton used her private server to send an email to high-ranking officials and members of the diplomatic corps about a nuclear deal with the United Arab Emirates months after she left her post as Secretary of State. The email was part of the over 800 pages of emails, provided by the RNC in response to a Freedom of Information Act request for documents sent the years following Clinton's tenure as Secretary to top aides still at the State Department. Still, could be worse, her unpopularity rating's drastically increased to 56% compared to Trump's 63% unfavorable view, according to ABC News. Sure, Clinton's leading Trump in average support ratings in the run up to the November elections but the gap between them is narrower and narrower.
- The Swiss Federal Court on Wednesday dismissed an appeal by Russia's Paralympic Committee against a total ban on the country's athletes, leaving no chance of them participating the Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games this month. Russia took the case to Switzerland's highest court after the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne on the 23rd of August supported the decision by the International Paralympic Committee to bar its athletes from the competition.
- Honda's Modulo releases a more stylish StepWGN Modulo X variant, set to be on sale this October 2016. Joining alongside Modulo X models such as the N-Box and the N-ONE, the StepWGN Modulo X features a sportier design courtesy of Modulo.
|2017 Honda StepWGN Modulo X|
- Kia's new-generation Pride/Rio compact has been officially revealed before its world premiere at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.
- The Mercedes-AMG GLC43 4MATIC gets a brand new Coupe variant and comes with the same 3.0L V6 BiTurbo engine as expected from the AMG 43 range.
- Ferrari will build one more LaFerrari and to be auctioned for the benefit of the victims of the deadly Central Italy Quake last week, which killed less than 300 people.
- Today marks the 59th weeksary of AlDub and in case you missed the recent Eat Bulaga Kalyeserye, when Alden asked Maine if she loved him very much, yes. Maine really loved Alden very much but is she? Tune in next time and find out!