- Typhoon Ferdie (Meranti) has entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility yesterday and expected to bring heavy rains and strong winds over parts of Luzon and the Visayas until Thursday, according to PAGASA. As of 4PM yesterday, Ferdie was located at 1,280km east of Casiguran, Aurora with max sustained winds of 120kph near the center and gustiness of over 150kph.
- Reports told that President Rodrigo Duterte approved the Indonesian government to execute convicted Filipina Mary Jane Veloso. The Jakarta Post reported that Indonesian leader Joko Widowo said Duterte okayed the execution. The legal process will be followed up by Attorney General M. Prasetyo. Last year, Veloso was reprieved as she was scheduled to be executed by firing squad in Indonesia. She was sentenced to death in 2010 for drug trafficking.
- Netizens are drawing flak over the Official Gazette Facebook post on Sunday regarding the 99th birthday of the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos. What provoked them was a part of the original caption that tagged as historical revisionism. It reads "In 1972, he declared martial law to suppress a communist insurgency and secessionism in Mindanao. In 1986, Marcos stepped down from the presidency to avoid bloodshed during the uprising known as "People Power." Edited, and then removed.
- Hillary Clinton, Democrat Presidential Candidate, attended and left the September 11 memorial service prematurely and she was caught almost being collapsed while returning back to the vehicle and when got out from her daughter's apartment two hours later, she felt well. It is revealed that her doctor that she was diagnosed with pneumonia and dehydration. Her doctor said that Clinton was put on antibiotics and advised to rest and modify her schedule. At this morning's event, she became "overheated" and dehydrated. The doctor examined Clinton and she is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely. She will remain at her Chappaqua home to rest and her Californian schedule on Monday and Tuesday was cancelled.
- Fighting continues across Syria on Sunday despite a ceasefire scheduled for the following day. The United States and Russia agreed on a ceasefire in Syria to take effect at sunset on Monday. The US supports opposition rebels while Russia supports the government of President Bashar al-Assad. But fighting and numerous airstrikes were reported across the country on Sunday as the agreement sets no rules prior to the ceasefire.
- Former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson blew up his own house to make room for a new one. According to reports, he gained permission from the local town council to explode his home. Reason why he destroyed his house is because he plans to upgrade to a bigger one.
- A crossover variant of the new Opel Karl/Vauxhall Viva called the Rocks and while it looks tough on the exterior, it's still the same Karl/Viva five-door compact we all know about.
|2017 Opel Karl Rocks|
- MAGES' Idol Incidents multimedia project will be getting a TV anime adaptation set to air on Tokyo MX and BS Fuji this January. Those who are unfamiliar with, 5pb. Games and MAGES had announced the project as a social smartphone game two years ago with a slated release in fall 2014 but it's still in development. We're not really sure why they made an anime out of a game that hadn't came out yet after years of delay.
- After the success of the first KING of PRISM by PrettyRhythm film, another film is set to release in Japan in the summer of 2017, titled called KING of PRISM: PRIDE the HERO. The KING of PRISM movie was the spinoff of the Pretty Rhythm franchise that highlights on the story of the boy group "Over the Rainbow". It was shown in theaters last January 2016.
- TV personality Kris Aquino has officially left ABS-CBN.
- Actress Isabelle Daza and Adrien Semblat were finally married.