- While Typhoon Ferdie is heading to Taiwan, a new typhoon has entered the Philippines. Called Gener, it was located 45km northeast of Itbayan, Batanes, packing maximum sustained winds of 220kph and gusts of up to 255kph as of 0400 hours local time. Signal number 4 remains hoisted over Batanes while signal number 3 is still up over the Babuyan Group of Islands.
- President Rodrigo Duterte said Tuesday that he won't allow government forces to conduct joint patrols of disputed waters near the South China Sea with other countries, apparently scrapping a deal his predecessor reached with the US military earlier this year. Duterte's also considering acquiring defense equipment from Russia and China.
- Due to the hepatitis A outbreak in Hawaii because of raw scallops as a probable cause, the Philippine government has suspended distribution of seafood. Hawaii's Department of Health last month identified frozen scallops served raw at a sushi chain as the probable cause. The Hawaii outbreak has sickened over 250 people.
- Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump unveiled his new proposals for his childcare affordability plan during his rally with Ivanka Trump on his side. Trump's plan allows for a federal income tax deduction of childcare expenses for up to four children and elderly dependents. It is capped at the average cost of care in the state and is available in single-income households making up to $250,000 and $500,000 in joint-income households. The Clinton campaign denounced it as "half-baked policies leave 21st century families behind."
- According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, over 301,000 people died over the course of five years of the Syrian civil war. That includes Syrian government troops and rebels with 86,000 civilians died, including over 15,000 children and about 10,000 women.
- Ariel ditches the Atom's massive rear wing and trades it with ground effects with the new Aero-P Atom concept. Although not suitable for track racing purposes, This conceptualized Ariel Atom features a rubber skirt on the bottom of the tub where two fans create a vacuum-like effect, resulting to more drag and only operates at high speeds, the fans don't generate any drag and can create massive downforce at low speeds.
|Ariel Aero-P Atom Concept|
- Ken Block is back in his new GYMKHANA 9 clip, starring the Ford Focus RS RX!
- The official trailer of Fifty Shades Darker, the sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey, has arrived. The film hits theaters this Valentines Day 2017.
This Valentine’s Day, forget the past. Watch the #FiftyShadesDarker trailer. pic.twitter.com/h6jChlLmNp— Fifty Shades Darker (@FiftyShades) September 13, 2016