- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Friday questioned Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III for going "out of bounds" in denying Senate protection for self-confessed Davao Death Squad member Edgar Matobato. Trillanes said that he will inquire if Pimentel has the authority to overrule the ruling of the Senate justice committee.
- According to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, the convicted drug lord and robbery gang leader Ampang Colangco will testify against Senator Leila de Lima at the congressional inquiry next week. President Rodrigo Duterte identified Colangco as one of the two drug lords already imprisoned but are still directing operations of their crime groups.
- Donald Trump Jr., the son of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, made headlines over his anti-semitic speech regarding the use of gas chambers to make a political attack. Meanwhile, Trump doubled down on his tax plan benefiting billionaires while he continues to refuse to release his own tax returns. Earlier, he released his medical records on the Dr. Oz show.
- Recovered from her sickness, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's back on the campaign trail at North Carolina.
- A huge meteorite weighing about 30 tons has been discovered in Argentina. Scientists say it is one of the biggest meteorites ever found in Earth. The meteorite was found in the country's northern province of Chaco. A local astronomy association unearthed it using a crane on the 10th of September. Over four millenniums ago, a meteor shower hit the area where the meteorite was found, leaving some craters.
- In case you missed last night's special announcement at the end of the Pokemon XYZ one-hour special, Pokemon Sun and Moon will become a TV anime series coming to TV Tokyo this November 2016. From new Pokemons, Team Skull, new characters, and Ash goes to school (?), life in Alola couldn't get even more exciting.
- More Resident Evil/Biohazard news! Announced at the TGS 2016, the latest 3D CGi film, Biohazard (Resident Evil) Vendetta will hit theaters this Spring 2017. Also, a new Biohazard 7 clip showcasing "the Bakers".
- Based on the new Volvo V90, the new V90 Cross Country features the same stuff as found on the normal V90, now with added ground clearance and all-weather capability as an all-wheel drive sport utility wagon.
|2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country|
- General Motors reported that the Opel Ampera-e, the European version of the Chevrolet Bolt EV, won't be sold in the UK as a Vauxhall due to expense and risk, probably all thanks to the Brexit issue.