- There is now enough evidence linking Senator Leila de Lima to the illegal drug trade in the New Bilibid Prison to file a case against her, according to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II. Aguirre said De Lima could face charges under the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act and Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.
- Senator Antonio Trillanes defended on Friday statements of confessed hit man Edgar Matobato at the Senate hearing on extrajudicial killings. Trillanes suggested that Matobato is not necessarily lying in his testimony on his involvement in a death squad, which President Rodrigo Duterte supposedly founded in 1988 when he was elected mayor of Davao City.
- British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson says the United Kingdom's talks on leaving the European Union will commence in early 2017. The former London mayor said his government is talking with its European partners on the timing of the presentation of a letter that will invoke the exit negotiations.
- The White House says it is looking into the suspected hacking over reports that the purported scan of First Lady Michelle Obama's passport was posted on a website. US media reported on Thursday about a cyber-attack on the e-mail account of a White House staff member.
- Meanwhile, the US Federal Bureau of Investigation has begun investigating the theft of data from US IT giant Yahoo. Reports told that hackers stole information for at least 500 million user accounts in late 2014. It was the biggest security breach of the Internet age. The FBI said in a statement that it takes this type of security breach very seriously and will determine how it occurred and who's behind this.
- In time for the autumnal equinox, the new third-generation Chevrolet Equinox has been fully unveiled with new design, new interior, new tech, and a choice of turbocharged engines including the first-ever 1.6L turbo-diesel engine for an American crossover. It will be available starting next year and will be sold globally.
|2018 Chevrolet Equinox|
- The Ferrari GTC4Lusso adds a new, rear-wheel drive, V8 turbo variant, before next month's Paris Motor Show. The new 3.9L V8 Twin Turbo produces slightly less power than the V12 engine it produces but because it's now rear-wheel drive, it's lighter.
|2017 Ferrari GTC4Lusso T|
- All-new smart models will receive new electric drive variants and the new variants can now be charged quicker from a 240v charger in less than two and a half hours and they're now quicker to 100kph in 11.4 seconds for the fortwo coupe model.
|2017 smart fortwo coupe Electric Drive|
- Nissan teases a new compact car that is set to be uncovered on next month's Paris Motor Show. Could this be the next-generation Nissan March?