- According to Department of Foreign Affairs Assistant Secretary Charles Jose, President Rodrigo Duterte may discuss the maritime dispute in the South China Sea if it comes up during his Vietnam visit. Duterte's scheduled to visit Vietnam from September 28th to the 20th and is scheduled to meet with his Vietnamese counterpart Tran Dai Quang and pay a courtesy call on other top leaders of the Vietnamese government.
- Typhoon Helen (Megi) continues to move closer to the Batanes-Taiwan area, according to PAGASA. The typhoon is still expected to gain strength as it hovers over bodies of water before hitting southern Taiwan. Although it is unlikely to make landfall in the Philippines, Helen is forecast to bring strong winds and heavy rains over the extreme northern Luzon, which was still reeling from the past two cyclones; Ferdie (Meranti) and Gener (Malakas).
- The Philippine National Police will soon conduct Oplan Tokhang at TV stations to go after celebrities who are involved into illegal drugs, part of the Duterte administration's controversial and ongoing war against drugs.
- An explosion in the Hungarian capital, Budapest, on Saturday night injured two police officers; male and a female. The government says the blast was apparently targeted at police personnel. A shrapnel was recovered from the site of the blast and police are looking for a man in his 20s who was recorded on CCTV near the site but no further information was given.
- The suspect behind the deadly shooting at Cascade Mall in Burlington, WA, last Friday night, was arrested. The shooter, who killed five people at a mall with a rifle, was identified as Arcan Cetin, a 20-year-old Turkish national and legal permanent resident in the US. Cetin was arrested last year in Island County, according to reports. The suspect was formally charged and will be booked into the Skagit County Jail, police officials added.
- SEAT will introduce their Ateca X-Perience Concept at next week's Paris Motor Show, based on the recently launched Ateca crossover utility vehicle.
- Yes, you heard it. Saitama returns as the hit TV anime series One-Punch Man gets a sequel.
- A special episode of Is the Order a Rabbit??, announced last May, will get special theatrical screenings across Japan.
- The talent management where Charice manages, Cleverbox Events, are facing estafa over cancelled concerts the Filipino singer should have performed in other countries. According to reports, the estafa case was filed by a certain promoter/producer against the said talent management because they failed to agree on the supposed concerts from Charice to Rome, Dubai, and Switzerland that was originally scheduled on the 10th to the 18th of September.