- Senator Leila de Lima countered a new batch of accusations by the administration, saying evidence against her are fake while the killings are real. As a human rights lawyer, De Lima lamented that the real issue are the deaths of thousands which she described as "tragic." She said these acts continue unabated.
- Three more Zika virus cases were confirmed by the Department of Health, upping the total number of reported cases to 12. The Zika case documented in Cebu City last week turned out to be a pregnant woman, according to the press briefing.
- According to Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay, the US officials are concerned over the Philippines' next steps on the dispute over the South China Sea, but the Philippines is not keen on discussions with other parties beside China. Recalling his meeting with officials in Washington, Yasay assured that Manila works within the bounds of the ruling of the international arbitral tribunal on the maritime row to move forward.
- Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump sized each other out, head-to-head, in their first Presidential Debate held at Hofstra University, New York City. The two are tackling topics regarding race, national security, and the economy while dealing against each other. At the end of the debate, Clinton stood tall against Trump. What's even more amazing is that Clinton even mentioned the beauty queen that Trump called her "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping". That beauty queen she mentioned was none other than Alicia Machado, a Venezuelan who won the 1996 Miss Universe and she's set to become an American citizen, in time for the elections. The next debate will be on the 9th of October at the Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
- Over 200 are reportedly killed on the resumed fighting in Syria, according to a human rights group. The government troops and rebels entered a temporary ceasefire on the 12th of September but fighting soon resumed with the launch of air raids by government forces in the northern city of Aleppo.
- Jeep unveiled the new-generation Compass crossover in Brazil and it's set to be available in the US in early 2017.
|2017 Jeep Compass|
- Chika Takami from Love Live! Sunshine!! gets her own Nendoroid! Order books are now open for the Nendoroid modeled after the Aqours leader starting at 3,241 Yen plus tax while deliveries will take place this February.
|Nendoroid Chika Takami|
- Matt LeBlanc will host Top Gear for two more seasons alongside budding presenters Chris Harris and Rory Reid, according to reports.
- The names of the first two of three episodes that you can expect on the 2017 season of BBC's Sherlock are named. The first two will be titled "The Six Thatchers" and "The Lying Detective" while the Season 4 finale has yet to be titled.