- A high-profile inmate on Wednesday morning was killed inside Building 14 of the New Bilibid Prison, Muntinlupa City. According to reports, Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II confirmed the death of one inmate named Tony Co, while three other inmates were injured from the riot. They were rushed to the Medical Center ng Muntinlupa.
- The Office of the Ombudsman approved the filing of charges against MNLF founder Nur Misuari over an anomalous contract when he was the governor of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao in 2000 and 2001. Misuari is facing three counts of malversation and three counts of violation of Section 3(e) of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act over the irregular procurement of educational materials.
- President Rodrigo Duterte left on Wednesday for a two-day visit to Vietnam that seeks to boost the ties between the two nations and to strengthen their cooperation against illegal drugs. Duterte said he is looking forward to renewing the ties of friendship between them and to affirm the commitment to work closer to attain common goals.
- Former Israeli leader Shimon Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, passed away at the age of 93. Reports told that he died at a hospital in Tel Aviv on Wednesday. He had been hospitalized for a stroke since the 13th of September.
- SpaceX, the US space development venture firm, unveils plan of spaceship flying to Mars. They say they will launch a manned spaceship within the next eight years and it will carry up to 10 people and be launched using a new kind of rocket.
- BMW officially announced that they will return to Le Mans with a GTE-class competitor coming within the next two years.
- It's the time of the year when Motor Trend pits out the best of sportscars in their annual World's Greatest Drag Race and for 2016, guess who make it on the top? NOTE: It's not what it seems...
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will be getting its first live-action film showing in theaters this summer 2017. Titled JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable Chapter 1, it will star Kento Yamazaki as Josuke Higashikata, Ryunosuke Kamiki as Koichi Hirose, Nana Komatsu as Yukako Yamagishi, and many others.
- I know it sounds weird but there was this less-than-a-minute clip done by a Japanese man and it became a viral sensation with lyrics that will stick your mind like...barbecue on a stick (metaphorically speaking). It's called Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen and this viral video got you in the sticks. Never get the idea? Watch this...