- Tropical storm Chaba will enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility tomorrow, according to PAGASA, but is unlikely to hit land. As of 4PM, yesterday, Chaba was located at 2,170km east of Luzon with maximum sustained winds of 75kph near the center and gustiness of up to 95kph. It will be locally named Igme when entered the PAR.
- The United Kingdom, addressing the Human Rights Council on Tuesday, joins the global call against the deaths in the Philippines amid the Duterte administration's war on drugs in the Philippines while China backs the Duterte administration's drug war.
- Female lawmakers of the House of Representatives warned that showing an alleged sex video of Senator Leila de Lima demeans women.
- At least 500 visitors gathered last night to welcome the late former Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago to her wake in the Immaculate Concepcion Cathedral in Cubao, Quezon City.
- Reports told that the company belonged to Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump violated the United States' trade embargo against Cuba years ago. A company controlled by Trump secretly conducted business in Communist Cuba during Fidel Castro's presidency despite strict American trade bans that made such undertakings illegal, according to interviews with former Trump execs, internal company records and court filings.
- One person was killed in a fatal train crash in the eastern US state of New Jersey, injuring 114 people. US investigators are looking into the cause of the accident while US traffic safety authorities plan to question the driver of the train. Officials of the NTSB are analyzing speed, braking, and other data on the train's event recorder, as well as images recorded at the driver's seat.
- RAM Trucks showcased their Rebel TRX Concept at this year's Texas State Fair, previewing a potential offroader equipped with a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine producing 575HP of power.
|RAM Rebel TRX Concept|
- Comedienne and TV presenter Melai Cantiveros is pregnant with a second child.