- President Rodrigo Duterte has formed a task force that will ensure a safe environment for members of the media amid growing concerns over the harassment of journalists who have been reportedly critically of the administration. The creation of the presidential task force on violations to the media's right to life, liberty, and security is the first administrative order of Duterte as he signed the order two days ago.
- According to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, high profile inmate Jaybee Sebastian will be placed under the witness protection program if he tells the whole truth behind the Bilibid drug trade. Aguirre noted that he doubts some of Sebastian's statements when he testified at the House of Representatives Committee on Justice's inquiry last Monday.
- The Chinese government is looking forward to developing relations with the Philippines as President Rodrigo Duterte is scheduled to arrive in Beijing from the 18th to the 21st of October. The Chinese Foreign Ministry said that Beijing stands ready to work the the Philippines to advance bilateral relations in a "sound and steady manner."
- In the current situation of the US Elections, thousands of emails are released almost daily by WikiLeaks, which are posing threat to the Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton, making it as ammunition for her Republican enemy Donald Trump against her. Meanwhile, reports told that accounts of two women who claim that Trump inappropriately touched them years ago.
- The US Defense Department is alarmed by the Islamic State's use of drones as weapons. The Pentagon says Kurdish troops in northern Iraq found a drone that had crashed and took it back to their camp to investigate. It suddenly exploded, killing two Kurdish troops and hurting two French special forces personnel who were providing military training.
- The new generation BMW 5-Series was officially unveiled and it's now bigger, lighter, more efficient and more technologically advanced than the previous model.
|2017 BMW 5-Series|
- Audi reportedly ceased production of their R8 e-tron electric sportscar with less than 100 built. One of the probable causes for its untimely demise is its pricing and very limited market reach.
- SCG's new supercar, the SCG003S, has uncovered and it will be packed with a carbon-fiber chassis, a 4.4L V8 twin-turbo engine producing over 750HP of power, and a top speed of over 350kph. It has a pricing of over a million pounds.