- As the nation is reeling from the aftermath of Typhoon Karen, Typhoon Lawin approaches the country's vicinity. As of 0500 hours local time, the storm, with the international name Haima, packs max sustained winds of 175kph near the center with gusts of up to 212kph, according to the US's JTWC. It was tracking north westward at a pace of 27kph early on Monday toward waters off Northern Luzon.
- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV filed a bill which seeks for the creation of an independent Foreign Policy Advisory Board which will have the same status as that of a national agency under the Office of the President.
- President Rodrigo Duterte agrees that giving up Scarborough Shoal to China is an impeachable offense and he will not "barter" away the country's territory and economic rights as he headed to China for a state visit this week.
- Saturday night in North Carolina, there was an attack occurred on a Republican office at Orange Country. A bottle of flammable liquid was thrown through one of the building's windows, igniting a four-room fire and leaving behind blackened walls and charred campaign posters - but no casualties.
- Iraqi troops launched a historic offensive to take back the city of Mosul from Islamic State militants. Mosul is the militant group's largest stronghold in Iraq.
- In case you missed a special announcement from last weekend's THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 4th Live concert, the Cinderella Girls are back in a form of pint-sized anime shorts called Cinderella Girls Theater! The staff from the Puchimas shorts will return to make the shorts featuring your favorite 346 Production idols! Also, there will be a new web manga called Cinderella Girls U149, highlighting the unsung idols.
- New Pokemon Sun and Moon info on the radar! The latest info involves new evolved forms and new characters. Check it out and...beware of Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk because...they're ultra scary to look at them.