- Lawin has now intensified into a supertyphoon as it moves closer to the Cagayan-Isabela area, according to PAGASA, As of 1:00 PM, Lawin was located 300km east of Casiguran, Aurora with max sustained winds of over 225kph and gusts of up to 315kph. It is likely to move west northwest at 24kph. Lawin is forecasted to make landfall over the Cagayan-Isabela area between late Wednesday and early Thursday and will cross Apayao and Ilocos Norte provinces.
- A police van has rammed into protesters in front of an US Embassy in Manila as an anti-US rally turned violent. Protest leader Renato Reyes says at least three student activists had to be taken to a hospital after they were ran over by the police van.
- President Rodrigo Duterte's recent visit to China will be closely scrutinized for signs on how seriously the new Philippine leader intends to pursue a shift away from the US and toward China, a move that could have a major impact on regional power dynamics. Duterte was greeted by Foreign Minister Wang Yi on his Beijing arrival on Tuesday evening. He was set to meet Thursday with President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang, and, and third-ranking official Zhang Dejiang, the head of the legislature.
- US President Barack Obama criticized the Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for asserting that next month's elections is "rigged". He told Trump to "stop whining". Obama told reporters that he has never seen in modern political history any presidential candidate trying to discredit elections before votes have even taken place.
- Russian defense minister says that both Syrian and Russian air forces have halted all air strikes on Aleppo, 2 days ahead of a planned pause in all attacks.
- Iraqi troops have airdropped millions of leaflets to urge residents of Mosul not to cooperate with the Islamic State militant group. The Iraqi and Kurdish troops launched a historic offensive on Monday to take back the city that was under ISIS's control for over two years.
- In honor of BMW's recent DTM championship win, a new M4 DTM Champion Edition was launched, packed with an upgraded 3.0 turbocharged engine that produces 500PS of power. Only 200 units will be made and priced at 148,500 Euros.
|BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition|
- The new Ultimate Summer costume and returning hit songs like Ｌ・Ｏ・Ｂ・Ｍ are the highlights of the 4th DLC Catalog for the PS4-exclusive THE IDOLM@STER Platinum Stars game, available to download this 25th of October.
- Before the Pokemon Sun and Moon games coming out on the 18th of November, the TV anime will be premiered on TV Tokyo on the 17th of November with a one-hour special. Z-moves, new Pokemon, new friends, and school life for Ash will be expected on the new show!