- Onto the situation of Typhoon Lawin, eight people were reported dead and two were reported missing in the wake of the typhoon, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government. DILG Director Edgar Allan Tabell said they have received reports of four deaths in the Cordillera Administrative Region, three in Region 2, and one in Region 1. Two more people are reported missing in Region 2.
- President Rodrigo Duterte announced that he is severing ties with the United States, the Philippines' long-time ally and trading partner. During his Chinese state visit, Duterte announced the separation from the US "not only in economics, but also military" at a gathering of Chinese businessmen.
- Meanwhile, Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez says the Philippines and China will sign $13.5 billion of deals during President Duterte's China visit. Earlier, the leaders oversaw the signing of agreements that touched on the financing of infrastructure projects, boosting trade and tourism, lifting export restrictions, and other issues.
- PNP Director General Ronald Dela Rosa assured the public that the police officers involved in the violent dispersal outside the US embassy are now being investigated. Dela Rosa said he ordered National Capital Region Police Office Regional Director Chief Superintendent Oscar Albayalde to place all the officers involved in the dispersal under administrative relief to ensure the impartiality of the probe,
- Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sized each other up in their third and final presidential debate held in Las Vegas, Nevada. The final debate tackles more on the current issues that America is facing right now as well as themselves. In the end, Clinton's debate performance stood out.
- Following the failed ceasefire for Syria last month, over three thousand people are killed in battles and airstrikes.
- Under cover of the historic offensive to take back Mosul, a tunnel has been found in a village on the outskirts of the city. The path is believed to have been used by Islamic State militants as an evacuation route and a bunker to escape from air bombings.
- Tesla uncovers their Level 5 autonomous driving hardware that will soon be placed on future Teslas, including their new Model 3 saloon. The new Level 5 is different from the controversial Autopilot system as it relies on eight cameras that can provide a 360-degree view around the car at distances up to 250km. Then, new sensors let a Tesla detect objects at twice the distance of the previous one. And a new neural net will make use of all the visual, sonar, and radar data.
- The Seat Leon range has been updated for the 2017 model year, featuring a revised look and new features.
|2017 Seat Leon|