- Despite everything happened, the United States supports the direct dialogue negotiations between the Philippines and China in settling the South China Sea dispute, according to US Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs Daniel Russel. Russel met with Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. to discuss various issues including President Rodrigo Duterte's China visit last week.
- The latest eruption on Mt. Bulusan in Sorsogon yesterday lasted for 15 minutes, according to PHIVOLCS. The explosion, the fourth recorded in a week, produced a dirty white to grayish ash column that reached 2.5km high and drifted west-southwest.
- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV has filed a resolution directing the Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs to conduct an inquiry into the alleged involvement of some PNP members in extrajudicial killings. The Senate Resolution 201 seeks to revisit the PNP Reform Act to ensure that the mandate of the police to "Serve and Protect" remains upheld.
- The French government says it will demolish a migrant camp in northern France starting Monday, according to the French interior ministry. As many as 10,000 refugees and migrants are said to be living in a camp at Calais, a port town facing Great Britain. People from Africa and the Middle East began to gather there since summer of last year, hoping to reach England.
- Turkish ground forces in Iraq begun attacking Islamic State target in the ongoing offensive to recapture Mosul. Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Sunday that Turkish tanks and artillery in the nearby city of Bashiqa are bombarding the militants at the request of Kurdish forces.
- Atieva has been renamed as Lucid Motors and they are prepping their first concept electric car within the end of this year. The startup company was behind their prototype electric van that overtook the Tesla Model S and a Ferrari last summer.
- Vancouver-based video game developer United Front Games has been recently shut down. The video game developer made games such as ModNation Racers, LittleBigPlanet Racing, open-world action game Sleeping Dogs, and the recent PC multiplayer game Smash+Grab.
- The teaser trailer for the third Wolverine film, Logan, is out. Check it out.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy will return for their Vol. 2 sequel movie, which will hit theaters this May 2017.