- President Rodrigo Duterte said that his Japanese visit will be a valuable opportunity to deepen and broaden the Philippines' relationship with Japan. Duterte leaves Tuesday for a three-day visit to Japan following PM Shinzo Abe extended the invitation on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit in Laos last month. He also mentioned that he will be paying a courtesy call on Japanese Emperor Akihito, saying the visit "imbued with great and special significance".
- The training squadron of the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force arrived in Manila yesterday for a goodwill visit to the Philippines to enhance friendship with the Philippine Navy. The visit includes a series of engagements between the PN personnel and their counterparts such as ship tour, courtesy call to navy leadership, goodwill games and receptions for cultural exchanges.
- Former PAGCOR chairman Cristino Nagulat and 10 others were charged for plunder and graft over an alleged anomalous lease deal with a private company. The case stemmed from the disbursement of P234 million in public funds as payment to VMC for the lease of a property in Manila that would be used for a casino gaming facility.
- Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is on her trail at a rally Manchester, New Hampshire, alongside Senator Elizabeth Warren, to contrast her plans to confront the country's challenges with reckless remarks from her Republican rival Donald Trump. Both Democrats and Republicans in New Hampshire are uniting to reject Trump's statements while Clinton highlighted reports today of a suit against Trump's New Jersey golf club by a former employee, alleging a hostile workplace where he was harassed because he is gay.
- A shocking report told that soldiers are being told to repay thousands in old enlistment bonuses as the California National Guard tries to recoup money from soldiers who accepted bonuses a decade ago for enlisting to serve to the United States during times of war.
- Fisker returns with a teaser of its new electric vehicle.
- Hyundai Motor Company showcases some teaser sketches for their next-generation Grandeur saloon.
- The new BMW 5-Series goes action packed in a BMW Films movie called The Escape, featuring actor Clive Owen.
- HOLD IT! There's a Ryuichi Naruhodo (Phoenix Wright) figma added on the court record of Phat! The hero of the Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) franchise can be yours to order for 6,800 Yen plus tax and deliveries will commence this May. OBJECTION!
|figma Phoenix Wright|