- Senator Leila de Lima is facing a disbarment case over her alleged affair with her former driver Ronnie Dayan. According to the complaints filed against her before the Supreme Court, De Lima was accused of gross immorality and violating the Lawyers Oath and the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- The Social Security System eyes mandatory pension fund investment on toll roads. According to the chair of the Social Security Commission, all toll roads, 25 to 35 percent should come from the pension fund.
- A mayor in Maguindanao city who was on the "narco list" was shot dead by lawmen during a gunfight while about to search for drugs in their vehicles in Makilala town in North Cotabato. The slain mayor, Samsudin Dimaukom of Datu Saudi town in Maguindanao, is among dozens President Duterte had earlier tagged as large-scale drug traffickers.
- The UN General Assembly committee has approved a resolution calling for a treaty to ban nuclear weapons. Japan was among the countries that opposed it along with nuclear powers including the United States. The resolution was adopted on Thursday by a majority vote at the General Assembly's First Committee on Disarmament. 123 countries voted in favor while 38 voted against.
- An 3-day anime convention held somewhere at the UAE capital city, Abu Dhabi, has kicked off on Thursday. TV stations in the region have long broadcast Japanese anime shows in Arabic dub. Recently, young people, who make up a large portion of the area's population, have been watching them online. Anime theme song singers put on a show and signed autographs while related merchandise were also on sale at the venue.
- New Pokemon Sun and Moon info on the radar! The Alolan starters finally unleashed their final evolutionary stages. Rowlet's final evolved form is the Grass-and-Ghost type Decidueye while Litten's final evolved form is Incineroar and Popplio's final evolved form is Primarina. Also, the guardians of the Alola region are fully uncovered as well as other info about the Battle Tree, where those who made it to the Hall of Fame can battle against other ace trainers, including special guest appearances from past games.
- The sixth-generation Hyundai Grandeur saloon has been uncovered and its set to launch in South Korea by next month.
|2017 Hyundai Grandeur|
- Johnny Guindi Hamui from Mexico is named the winner of the annual Nissan GT Academy. Following his win, Hamui will be taking part of the Nissan Driver Development Program before setting off to next year's 24 Hours of Dubai endurance race.
- BBC announced that the first episode of the fourth season of the hit TV show, Sherlock, will be aired on New Year's Day 2017.