Following President Rodrigo Duterte's "hellish" remarks against US President Barack Obama and the European Union, a White House official states that Duterte's comments at odds with US-PH ties. During his speech at the opening of the joint Philippine-US military exercises, Duterte told Obama to "go to hell" and the European Union to settle for purgatory. Duterte earlier expressed his intent to end the war games between the two countries during his term.
- Groups of Marcos supporters have surpassed the one million target signatures for the petition to allow the remains of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. The signatures will be turned over to the Supreme Court on Thursday. A simple mass will be held in front of the SC prior to the turn over.
- Department of Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo announced that their new slogan will be unveiled on the 13th of January, 2017, the day when Miss Universe contestants arrive in the country for the pageant, to make sure it gets more international exposure. Teo denied rumors that the pageant here was cancelled due to recent developments.
- Vice presidential candidates Tim Kaine and Mike Pence sized each other for the vice-presidential debate. In an odd move, looks like Pence simply ignored the Donald Trump he familiarized with on the trail for more than a year.
- At least 11 people were killed in four countries, including Haiti and the Dominican Republic, when Hurricane Matthew wreak havoc in the Caribbean sea. US weather authorities say that this powerful storm was moving past Haiti and Cuba on Tuesday. It was classified as a category 4 storm on a scale of 5, with wind speeds as high as 216kph.
- Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, was named as the second wealthiest American, following Microsoft founder Bill Gates. The US business magazine Forbes says Bezos has gone two ranks up in its survey of 400 wealthiest people in the USA. Bill Gates tops the list for the 23rd straight year with assets worth 81 billion dollars while Bezos has a net worth of 67 billion dollars because of the sharp rise of his company's share. Warren Buffet, an investor, was ranked 3rd.
- Subaru unveiled their limited-edition WRX S4 tS model, which is "tuned by STi". Although performance figures remained the same, the S4 tS model is benefitted with STi-tuned dynamics to make it handle better than the normal S4. It's priced at 4,968,000 Japanese Yen while the NBR Challenge Package costs 5,292,000 Japanese Yen. Customers in Japan have until March 12 to grab one of those.
|2017 Subaru WRX S4 tS|
- The Smoking Tire Car Pack for the Forza Horizon 3 XBOX One game is now available to download. In this month's car pack, there are seven new rides to try out including the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, Lotus 340R, Jeep CJ-5, GTA Spano, BMW M2, Pagani Huayra BC, and the Aston Martin Vulcan. Car Pass owners can get it for free or can be purchased for $7.
- New Pokemon Sun and Moon info on the radar! The Alola starters are getting their first evolutionary stages as Rowlet becomes Dartrix, Litten becomes Torracat, and Popplio becomes Brionne! In addition, you can communicate with other players via the new Festival Plaza. You can even make Pokemon deposited on the PC do things with Poke Pelago. And, this is the part where all good trainers can sleep in their beds tonight, because Mega Evolution returns in Sun and Moon. The list remains the same but finding the Mega Stones can be obtained from certain people or by buying it at a special store. There's a special demo coming out this month featuring a Greninja from a very special someone. From the XYZ TV series, comes Ash-Greninja. A special Greninja that comes with its exclusive "Battle Bond" ability which transforms when it knocked down an opponent's Pokemon. You can even take it on the full game when it comes out as well!