- Ronnie Dayan, the former driver and alleged lover of Senator Leila de Lima failed to appear at the House Justice committee public hearing on the alleged drug trafficking operations in the New Bilibid Prison despite being summoned. Police authorities have served subpoenas to Robbie Dayan and former DOJ undersecretary Francisco Baraan III ordering them to attend the inquiry at the House on Thursday and Friday.
- A recent Social Weather Station survey said that President Rodrigo Duterte nabbed a "very good" rating and the approval of 76 percent for his first three months in service. Based on the survey, Duterte gained a +64 net satisfaction rating in the first quarter. The survey also showed that 76% of the respondents from Metro Manila, balance of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao, are happy with Duterte's performance.
- Hurricane Matthew is approaching to southern parts of the United States, forcing residents to evacuate. The hurricane was moving northwest from the Bahamas on Wednesday afternoon, after passing through the Caribbean nations of Haiti and Cuba. As of now, Hurricane Matthew is now downgraded from a Category 4 to a Category 3 hurricane on a scale up to five as it sustained winds of about 195kph.
- The United Nations has announced that the Paris Agreement on climate change will go into effect on the 4th of November. The deal takes effect 30 days after over 55 nations representing more than 55% of global greenhouse emissions have ratified it. It will happen before the UN climate change conference in Morocco takes place next month.
- Civil and human rights groups expressed their condemnations and some cybersecurity experts urged their clients to stop using the Yahoo Mail service after report that the internet service provider had secretly scanned millions of e-mail messages on behalf of US intelligence agencies. A certain report from Reuters told that Yahoo secretly made a government-ordered email surveillance program, which continues the ongoing topic between digital privacy and national security. Yahoo said in a statement that the Reuters report is "misleading".
- Tuner Hennessey Performance plans to make the new Ford F-150 Raptor into a six-wheeled beast called the VelociRaptor 6x6, a 600HP behemoth that will cost $295,000 with the said truck as its base car. Apart from its six-wheeled monstrosity, it comes with bespoke front and rear bumpers, modified aluminum bed, and other improvements.
- There is now a Chris Redfield Nendoroid unveiled officially by Good Smile Company and the star of the very first Biohazard/Resident Evil game is yours to order starting at 4,630 Yen (plus tax) with deliveries taking place in March.
- A chibified Yellow 13 plane from Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies has been unveiled by Hasegawa Hobby Kits and with prices starting at 1,500 Yen, fans can take home and built a super-deformed take on a formidable Flanker plane flew by a formidable Erusian ace.
- A live-action adaptation on a Disney Princess classic, Mulan, will be released on Winter 2018. As of right now, Disney is launching a global casting search for a Chinese actress to play Mulan. This live-action adaptation, when out this 2018, is made to honor of the animated Disney classic's 20th anniversary. We've seen all Disney princesses gave their live-action rebirths from 2015's Cinderella to next year's Beauty and the Beast.