- Authorities are searching for 16 more accomplices behind the Davao market blast two months ago, which killed 15 people and injured 60 others.
- President Rodrigo Duterte says that even though the US President-Elect Donald Trump maybe just a "small molecule" but he and Duterte shares a "common passion to serve" their countries. Upon arrival from Malaysia on Friday morning, Duterte said whoever would run for public office is expected to have this passion, or at least have discontent over social conditions.
- The Commission of Elections shut down two million voters for next year's barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections. According to COMELEC, those who didn't vote in 2013 and in the May 2016 elections are not eligible to vote in the October 2017 barangay and SK elections, and subsequent elections. They will have to register for their status to be reactivated during the five-month registration period.
- US President Barack Obama's meeting with president-elect Donald Trump at the White House became an "excellent" first meeting and Trump said he looked forward to receiving the outgoing leader's counsel.
- Court ruling on user data prompted Russia to block business-focused social network LinkedIn.
- The one-off Audi R8 Star of Lucis, as seen on the KINGSGLAIVE Final Fantasy XV film, will fetch an expensive 50,000,015 Japanese Yen price tag. Based on the new Audi R8, it features motif inspired from the Lucis Kingdom of Final Fantasy XV. Although very expensive for a one-off Audi R8 as seen from the film, it was made to celebrate the upcoming release of Final Fantasy XV this month.
|Audi R8 Star of Lucis|
- The VW Golf VII range has been given a minor change. New engines aside, the Golf's minor change features a brand new "Discover Pro" system that can be operated by gesture control.
|2017 Volkswagen Golf|
- In honor of the Honda N360's 50th anniversary in 2017, Honda launched a special edition N ONE SS Neo Classic Racer Package featuring special equipment and some stripes.
|Honda N One SS Neo Classic Racer Package|
- Reports told that Nintendo will cease production of current Wii U sets in Japan soon. The listings for both the Wii U Splatoon Set and the Wii U Premium Set state that they're slated to end production soon.