- Danilo Concepcion, the dean of the University of the Philippines College of Law was named as the national university's president. The 11-member UP Board of Regents voted for Concepcion to replace Alfredo Pascual who will end his six-year team on February 2017. Concepcion is also the executive director of the UP Bonifacio Global City campus, which hosts graduate classes of various colleges.
- President Rodrigo Duterte gives a green light on the Philippine National Police to proceed with its firearms procurement from the United States. PNP chief Director General Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa said yesterday the President approved the deal during last week's Malaysian trip.
- Senator Leila de Lima admitted her relationship with her former driver, Ronnie Dayan, but denied other allegations linking her to the drug trade in the New Bilibid Prison grounds.
- US President-Elect Donald Trump's appointment of former Breitbart News president Steve Bannon as his chief strategist sparks fury as Breitbart news was known for causing conspiracy theorists and became the forefront of the "alt-right" movements. If that wasn't enough, Trump even gave thanks to the infamous conspiracy theorist and Infowars presenter Alex Jones.
- More quakes continue to rattle New Zealand following a powerful tremor struck the South Island. The magnitude 7.8 quake struck early Monday and triggered tsunami waves of up to 1.5 meters were observed about 40 minutes later along the coast of Kaikoura. Two people are confirmed dead as of this writing.
- After its global success, the first-ever Ford EcoSport compact crossover has finally arrived in the USA and it will make appearance at this year's LA Auto Show. The new EcoSport is powered by a choice of either a 1.0L three-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost or 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, mated with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Sales will commence in early 2018.
|2018 Ford EcoSport|
- Jaguar showcases its I-PACE electric crossover before its LA Auto Show premiere. Previewing its first ever electric car coming in the near future, the I-Pace concept features two electric motors that can produce over 400PS of power and 700Nm of torque.
|2016 Jaguar I-PACE Concept|
- New Pokemon Sun and Moon info on the radar! The starters' final evolved forms are getting their signature Z-moves, status moves giving Z-move special effects, Alolan Diglett and Alolan Dugtrio, new Ultra Beasts, and more! The full story will be out when the games will be released on November 18.
- The first trailer for next year's live action rebirth of Disney's Beauty and the Beast is now up. The film stars Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast. It's set to hit theaters on the 17th of March.