Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Let's Do The News! (November 2, 2016)
- President Rodrigo Duterte will discuss possible joint military and police operations with Malaysia in the ongoing fight against the Abu Sayyaf terrorists. Addressing the "deteriorating peace and order" in those water will top the agenda when Duterte meets Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and other top officials in Malaysia next week.
- Although President Duterte confirmed the resignation of former president Fidel V. Ramos as special envoy for China following Duterte's successful Chinese visit, Palace officials still believe that FVR will continue to play a tole in the Duterte administration's engagement with Beijing.
- Clashes in ideology threaten to split Duterte's ruling party PDP-Laban, according to reports. Reports told that Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr., a top political adviser of Duterte, launched the Kilusang Pagbabago movement that could be turned into another political party and vanguard of the Duterte administration to ensure delivery of government programs to the masses. The new movement would soon register as a political party that could undermine the PDP-Laban party and put them on the sidelines of the political landscape.
- PHLPost planned to turn the Philippine Postal Savings Bank into a bank for overseas Filipino workers. Last month, Philippine President Duterte, during his Japan visit, mulls a postal bank for OFWs. But to do that, PHLPost assistant postmaster general for marketing Luis Carlos said it might require him or the Department of Finance to infuse about two to three billion pesos in capital to PHLPost.
- Certain reports revealed that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump engaged in "legally dubious" schemes to avoid paying millions in federal income taxes, even as his own lawyers made clear they likely would not hold up to IRS scrutiny. Trump's campaign denies everything, of course.
- Iraqi troops have entered Mosul to recapture the country's second-largest city from Islamic state militants. The Iraqi forces announced that they've entered the city, gaining control of the eastern district of Kokjali, and continued to advance to the wet bank of the Tigris River.
- At the SEMA Show, Ford Performance unveiled a new data logging app that lets users to share their on-track performance with their smartphones. Taking advantage of the SYNC 3, the new app displays relevant track information as well as utilizing their smartphones to record video of their track day.
- Unveiled at this week's SEMA Show, Mazda showcased their special Speedster and RF Kuro concepts inspired from the Roadster ND.
- Following Audi's departure from Le Mans, Volkswagen announced its leaving the World Rally Championship at the end of this season, following the dieselgate scandal and their push to move away from fossil fuels and to electrification.
- The new Acura NSX, the new Dodge Viper ACR, and the new BMW M4 GTS, just one of the seven new rides you can drive on the new Alpinestars Car Pack only on Forza Horizon 3. Car Pass owners can get it for free or can be bought for $7 plus tax. Also, there's a new update featuring a new barn find rumor and "winter is coming" to Forza Horizon 3 before the year ends.