- Seven years have passed since the gruesome Maguindanao massacre and as of now, justice remains elusive for the victims of the horrific incident. According to reports, 114 of the original 197 accused have been arrested, most are detained either at the Quezon City Jail annex at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City or at the Philippine National Police. But due to the large number of suspects, the court handling the multiple murder case has yet to hand down a single judgment.
- According to Senator Leila de Lima, her former driver Ronnie Dayan forced to lie against her, denying her allegations on her involvement in the drug trade. De Lima said that Dayan has been successfully turned into one of her accusers by the administration. Two years ago, Dayan received money from alleged drug lord Kerwin Espinosa and delivered it to De Lima.
- A certain advertising company will be in charge of creating the new tourism campaign of the Philippines, according to the Department of Tourism. Katherine de Castro, the DOT undersecretary for advocacy and public affairs said the 650 million contract with the advertising company that won the bid to be the advertising and promotions partner of the DOT for a year.
- The trial of US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen and members of his Muslim group has begun in Turkey. They are charged with attempting to overthrow the government. Authorities charge that Gulen and 72 other defendants organized a terrorist group and tried to topple the government.
- The situation is critical in the South Sudan capital city Juba as over 270 people killed in clashes between government troops and rebels in July.
- In an attempt to recover themselves from their diesel scandals, Volkswagen initiated an ambitious "Transform 2025+" plan which lays out big plans for world markets with a focus on electrification and connectivity.
- Following last weekend's pilot episode, Amazon's original motoring show The Grand Tour is one of the most-watched shows in Amazon Video, scoring more views than the other Amazon original TV drama, The Man in the High Castle. It scored 97% in Rotten Tomatoes and became one of the highest-rated shows according to IMDb.
- The first teaser trailer for the upcoming Disney-Pixar's Cars 3 film sees a much dark turn of events where McQueen faces the inevitable and all that's about to change forever...
- The teaser for next year's PriPara film; PriPara Minna de Kagayake! Kirarin☆Star Live is now up. The fourth movie based on the hit TV show hits theaters this 4th of March.