- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte defended last week's sudden burial of the late dictator Ferdinand E. Marcos at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani, upon his return to the Philippines, saying this decision is for the common good. He would allow protesters to stage massive protests against the burial "for as long as they want, with no time limit." On an unrelated note, he onced whispered a curse word against a foreign reporter who asked about the killings in his administration's war on drugs at his press briefing. Also, he approved the scaling up of the Cordillera Highland Agricultural Resource Management Project for 2018, including a 600 million peso fund under the Philippine Rural Development Plan.
- According to Ronnie Dayan, he claimed that Senator Leila de Lima gave him two million pesos worth of contributions for the construction of his home in Pangasinan. About three months ago, President Duterte claimed Dayan became De Lima's lover. Earlier, Dayan sought for legislative immunity from the House of Representatives.
- China remains mum on the declaration of the Scarborough Shoal as a marine sanctuary, as issued by President Duterte.
- For next year's joint exercises between the US and the Philippine troops, they are now heavily focused on humanitarian assistance and disaster response as well as combined anti-terror training.
- The US has lauded the new information-sharing pact between Japan and South Korea. The agreement will allow Japan, SoKor, and the United States to boost trilateral ties in countering threats from North Korea, according to the National Security Council.
- A handwritten poem by Anne Frank has sold at auction for around 140,000 Euros. Anne Frank is well known for her diary she kept while in hiding during the Nazi occupation of Amsterdam during the Second World War. The poem was written in Dutch in 1942, when she was 12 years old. It was addressed to a sister of one of her best friends at school.
- Lotus launched the new Exige Sport 380, which dropped 55lbs of weight while producing 375HP of power from its supercharged 3.5 V6 Toyota engine, resulting to a top speed of 178 mph for the manual, 170 for the auto.
|Lotus Exige Sport 380|
- Anime studio "Studio Fantasia" filed for bankruptcy, according to reports. The studio worked on numerous anime shows such as Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry, Najica Blitz Tactics, Stratos 4, and the Aika franchise.