- The Philippine National Police is ready to cooperate with South Korean authorities in their conduct of an independent investigation pertaining to the deaths of some South Korean nationals in the country. According to PNP Chief Director General Bato Dela Rosa, the investigation into the deaths of some South Koreans were behind the commission of crimes not just in Metro Manila but nationwide. However, the PNP chief said, these cases had nothing to do with illegal drugs but had something to do with their respective businesses.
- From the words of President Rodrigo Duterte, he said that even if the US won't sell assault rifles to them, they can still fight criminals with non-lethal weapons and fists. Also, he's consider continuing to acquire weapons and defense equipment from the US if his military recommends to, despite offers from China and Russia. And then, Duterte said his country has no plans to adopt nuclear energy during his six-year term because of safety concerns.
- Presidential Peace Adviser Secretary Jesus Dureza fetched fugitive MNLF founding chairman Nur Misuari from Sulu to meet President Duterte. MNLF's Islamic Command Council chair Habib Mujahab Hashim said Dureza presented Misuari, who emerged with numerous armed followers, a copy of the order suspending the warrant.
- Reports revealing Donald Trump's dangerous foreign business entanglements that made the Republican presidential nominee and businessman failed to disclose the whole story of his business record. It also pointed out that he and his children worked with abroad include the family of a Indian developer who is a ruling party politician, an Azerbaijani government minister's son, and a media company that became the Turkish president's outlet during the failed coup attempt since July 15, 2016.
- An independent panel has determined that the United Nations will revise their failed South Sudan peacekeeping operation. According to a spokesperson to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, at least 73 people were killed during three days of attacks on UN and private compounds housing refugees in their capital, Juba. It also found that a lack of effective leadership and failure of UN peacekeepers to respond contributed to their poor performance.
- A nitrocharged Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid set a land speed record of 157.825mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
- Eat Bulaga presenter Paolo Ballesteros won the Best Actor award at the Tokyo Film Fest 2016. His film Die Beautiful won the Audience Award as well.
- Actor Michael Fassbender is expected to play as two different characters in the upcoming Alien Covenant movie, the sequel to 2012's Prometheus film, which is a prequel to 1979's Alien film, whatever that is.