- What's going on with President Rodrigo Duterte lately? Right now, he signed an executive order establishing a new Bangsamoro Transition Commision to replace the original 15-member panel tasked with drafting the legal foundation of the future of Mindanao's Bangsamoro government, As he pushes for the BBL, Duterte said that his rivals in the May elections failed to make Mindanao a priority, adding he wants the Bangsamoro Basic Law to hurdle Congress quickly. Then. after his Cabinet members voted in favor of doing so, President Duterte announced that he will sign the Paris Agreement to combat climate change. He originally opposed it and vows to meet environment conditions without it.
- Vice President Leni Robredo condemned the death of Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr., saying the integrity of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group is now in question.
- One of the legal counsels of Senator Leila de Lima explained that President Duterte's immunity cannot be used as a shield from his lawful acts. De Lima filed a petition before the Supreme Court against Duterte, testing his immunity from criminal prosecution.
- The FBI says that Democratic Presidential Nominee Hillary Clinton should not be charged for her use of a private email server for government work during her tenure as Secretary of State.
- Turkish strongman Recep Tayyip Erdogan remains defiant in the face of mounting criticism by the West over his crackdowns on dissenters.
- 24 people are killed in two separate suicide attacks by the Islamic State militants in Iraq.