- Following the Supreme Court decision to bury the late Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani, President Rodrigo Duterte said whether or not the ousted dictator is a hero depends on the beholder. Duterte said during the press briefing before his departure for Thailand and Malaysia visits.
- Meanwhile, following Donald Trump's win at the 2016 elections in the USA, President Duterte wishes President-elect Trump success in the next four years as Chief Executive and commander-in-chief of the US military, and looks for ward to working with the incoming administration for enhanced Philippines-US relations.
- Manny Pacquiao returned to the Senate following last weekend's win against Jessie Vargas. The 37-year-old senator said he was able to juggle his work in the Senate and the intense training for his comeback fight from retirement through discipline.
- Family planning advocates are collecting one million signatures to urge the Supreme Court to ensure full implementation of the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law. The Purple Ribbon for RH Movement had launched a signature campaign to gather as much signatures by April 2017 and these will be submitted to the SC and President Duterte.
- The world reacts over the aftermath of Donald Trump's win at the 2016 elections in the USA.
- Google announced that they will make Android Auto available for smartphone users running Android 5.0 or higher.
- Actress Keanna Reeves apologizes for admitting sexcapade with a certain TV presenter.
- Bianca Gonzalez slams basher over a racial comment posted on her Instagram post regarding the Supreme Court decision to bury Marcos at the LNMB.