Fanbase aside, this video game franchise keeps changing history with the war between Assassins and Templars and because of a certain individual's genes that traces back to the Assassin that changed history forever, the Assassins are born for one major purpose; to rewrite history and take on the Templars in modern times. So, how did the franchise rewrote the history books as we knew it since the first game launched in 2007?
- The first Assassin's Creed game, launched in 2007, centers on the history of the Third Crusade in the Holy Land and the bloodline of the legendary Assassin named Altair ibn-La'Ahad was told. Following his capture by the shadowy Abstergo organization, a young man named Desmond Miles recalls the memories of his ancestor who broke all three tenets of the Brotherhood while attempting to stop Robert de Sable from taking a Piece of Eden. While demoted by the Brotherhood as a mere novice, Altair's quest throughout the Holy Land involves the assassination of the nine Knights Templars to regain his former status, and that includes stopping de Sable in the presence of King Richard I of England warning the King of de Sable's plot to kill him.
- The Ezio trilogy, which remains one of the most popular arcs of the franchise (so popular, they even gave PS4 and XBOX One owners a remastered treatment) that began with Assassin's Creed II centers on the height of the Italian Renaissance during the 15th and the early 16th century as well as the Assassin named Ezio Auditore da Firenze. From Florence to Forli, the road to Ezio's revenge against the betrayal of his family is not obviously an easy one as he tries to restore the order of the Assassins, defeat the Templars, and continue their ongoing quest to prevent a foreseeable Armageddon. It all leads to the fateful encounter between Altair and Ezio in Assassin's Creed Revelations, where Desmond's retelling of the two assassins are starting to unravel.
- Connor from Assassin's Creed III and Aveline from Assassin's Creed Liberation are the Assassins that changed America forever during the events of the American Revolution, the events involving the Americans regaining their independence from British colonists and named George Washington as their first president. Continuing Desmond Miles' mission to stop the foreseeable apocalypse, he re-emerged through the age of the American Revolution as his half-English, half-Mohawk ancestor Ratonhnhake:ton, also known as Connor. In Liberation, meanwhile, it centers mostly on Aveline de Grandpré, an American with French and African heritage who joined the Assassin Brotherhood in 1759 and waged a war against the Templar conspiracy that will rewrite the very history of America forever.
- Following the death of Desmond Miles after the events from the previous installments, samples of his body were taken and allowed Abstergo to continue explore his genes through the Animus' new cloud computing capabilities. In Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, the tale of a pirate named Edward Kenway was told during the legend of Black Beard. As the new Assassin sails across the seas, the Abstergo organization, Templars of today, are searching for a First Civilization structure known as the Observatory, and they're using Edward Kenway's memories to find it.
- Assassin's Creed Rogue, the darkest installment of the series, centers on North America during the French-Indian War of the 18th century and it tells the tale of Shay Patrick Cormac, an Assassin who betrayed the Brotherhood and vowed revenge as a villainous Assassin Hunter while venturing through the streets of New York City through the freezing temperatures of the North Atlantic Ocean. This is the first time fans get to know about the game as a villainous Templar who hunts Assassins for his thirst for vengeance.
- Set during the French Revolution during the late 18th century, Assassin's Creed Unity ventures on the tale of Arno, an Assassin who can discover the hidden truth behind the Revolution. In here, Arno will have to take advantage of new arsenal, skills, and alliance with others to explore 18th Century Paris in search for the hidden truth behind the Revolution.
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate focuses on London, England, during the age of the Industrial Revolution, and as Jacob Frye, who spearheaded the world's first organized crime family in London, he and his gang must unite to bring down the establishments and rival gangs to gain control of the underground scene of the British capital.
- There are other untold Assassins that changed the very course of history forever. Such examples are Arbaaz Mir from India, Nikolai Orelov and Anastasia from Russia, Shao Jun from China, Aguilar from Spain, the Last Descendants, and many others. Who knows, there could be undiscovered Assassins are yet to be told in the foreseeable future and how they rewrite history while waging war against the Templars.