- One of the framers of the 1987 Constitution warned that the Duterte administration might have a bigger agenda for proposing a shift to federalism in the Philippines. Lawyer Christian Monsod said at a forum at the FEU, Makati City, last Tuesday, that federalism may be a Trojan horse for authoritarianism to suit the preferences of President Duterte.
- With Maria Serena Diokno resigned from the top post of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines following the Marcos burial, two other board members of the NHCP have resigned as well. Diokno said that aside from her, two other board members, Francis Gealogo and Filomeno Aguilar Jr., resigned after the unannounced burial at the Libingan ng mga Bayani on November 18.
- Following the foiled terror attempt at the US Embassy in Manila, the Philippines has been placed on Terror Alert Level 3. PNP Director General Roland Dela Rosa did not elaborate on what the raised alert level means but reminded the public to expect tighter security measures. Alert Level 3 means there's a strong chance of a terrorist attack and it was raised in 19 areas in the Philippines last year in response to reports that the Abu Sayyaf or the BIFF would stage attacks.
- Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said that President Rodrigo Duterte's threat to kill human rights advocates is just a figure of speech and should not be taken seriously. In a speech on Monday, Duterte warned that human rights advocates are contributing to the country's drug problem.
- US President-Elect Donald Trump has filled the key economic posts for his administration. He named investor Wilbur Ross as commerce secretary and former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary. Following the announcement, Trump said on Twitter that he will leave his business in total to focus on running the country.
- Colombian congress has approved a new peace agreement to end the more than half-century of fighting with the country's largest insurgent group. The lower house endered the deal, a day after the Senate did the same. However, the opposition boycotted the voting in both chambers. Over 200,000 people died during the 52-year civil war.
- The McLaren 570S sportscar has gained a new Track Pack option, which reduces 55lbs of weight as well as adding a special rear spoiler for added downforce.
|McLaren 570S Track Pack|
- Cadillac returns to endurance racing with a brand new prototype set to be unleashed by next year. Codenamed the DPi-V.R, made to address IMSA's DPi regulations, it will be powered by a 6.2L pushrod V8 which produces 600HP of power and the car weighs 2,050lbs. Wayne Taylor Racing and Action Express Racing will be running these new machines for next year's Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- The live-action Pokemon movie will be titled "Detective Pikachu" and will be directed by Rob Letterman while employing writers from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and Disney's Gravity Falls.