- Following China's seizure of a United States oceanographic drone at the South China Sea, a Kabayan representative said both countries didn't act in ways that respect the rights of the Philippines following this incident. Harry Roque noted that it was within the Philippines's exclusive economic zone, 50 nautical miles off Subic Bay.
- Meanwhile, China can return the drone back to the US but President-elect Donald Trump wants them to keep it.
- Once the death penalty is revived, President Rodrigo Duterte wants to executive five or six death row convicts daily.
- Contrary to popular belief, a Catholic bishop says that completing nine days of simbang gabi won't grant anyone wishes.
- Demonstrators from across the USA held peaceful vigils to urge electors to reject Donald Trump. Unite for America held a bi-partisan rally on the capitol steps to ask the Electoral College not to vote for Donald Trump.
- Evacuations have resumed of people trapped in the war-torn city of Aleppo in northern Syria. Last week, Syrian government forces regained control of almost all of Aleppo, the rebel forces' biggest stronghold. This represents a major advance for the government forces after almost five years of fighting.
- The Islamic State militants claimed responsibility from the suicide attack near a military camp in Yemen on Sunday in the southern city of Aden, killing at least 49 people and 60 are hurt. The bombing occurred as soldiers were lining up to collect their salaries near the camp for government forces.
- Toyota showcased their next-generation taxi for the Japanese motoring public and it will be powered by a 1.5-litre LPG hybrid powertrain. It will be set to be launched this 2017.
|Toyota's next JPN TAXI|
|Teaser for the next Chevrolet Traverse|