- The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas yesterday released the first batch Peso bills with signatures from President Rodrigo Roa Duterte worth 8.75 million pesos. BSP Deputy Governor Diwa Guinigundo said the 27 million pieces of P20, P50, P100, P200, P500 and P1,000 new generation currency (NGC) bills were released to banks in the National Capital Region and areas outside NCR.
- Although President Duterte supports family planning, he clarified that he's opposed to abortion. Duterte believes that cutting population growth can help improve the country's economy, which grew by 7.1 percent in the third quarter.
- Conglomerate Alliance Global, Inc. pledged on Tuesday to allot 1.2 billion pesos for the construction of drug rehabilitation centers in the country as part of the government's ongoing war on drugs. With this, AGI committed to build a new drug rehabilitation facility in Taguig, the second following the Davao facility.
- The evacuation of the Syrian city of Aleppo could be completed by tomorrow. Civilians trapped in battle areas are evacuating and insurgents are withdrawing after the rebels agreed to surrender the remaining areas under their control. The International Committee of the Red Cross says about 25,000 people have left the city.
- Authorities in Germany, France, and other European countries have tightened security in the wake of the Berlin truck attack. Germany has deployed more police officers across the country. Paris has blocked vehicles from an area of the Champs-Elysees where a Christmas market is underway. So far, German investigators detained a Pakistani and later released him, citing lack of evidence.
- A massive explosion has ripped through a fireworks market in Mexico, killing 31 people and hurt 72 others. Authorities say over 40 people remained missing. The blast occurred at an open-air market in Tultepec, sending plumes of smoke high into the air and causing people to flee.
- The facelifted Skoda Octavia can now be offered in either a high-performance RS variant or a Scout crossover wagon.
|2017 Skoda Octavia RS|
|2017 Skoda Octavia Scout|
- Felipe Massa returns to Williams F1 team for the 2017 season.
- No. This is not a terrorist attack occurred at a mall in Dubai. The footage of an military vehicle ramming through the mall in Dubai was just one of the footage for an upcoming episode of Amazon's The Grand Tour.