- President Rodrigo Duterte has signed into law the 3.35 trillion peso budget for fiscal year 2017 as he vowed to ensure that state funds would benefit the poor and vulnerable sectors. In his speech, Duterte said the 2017 national budget is the "embodiment of Filipinos' clamor for change." He said the first ever budget of his administration would be "pro-people, pro-investment, pro-growth, and pro-development."
- Former police Chief Superintendent Wally Sombero returned the two million pesos, which is part of the alleged fifty million peso bribe money from Chinese casino mogul Jack Lam to the Ombudsman. Sobero also filed before the Ombudsman a supplemental complaint affidavit to his case against Immigration Deputy Commissioners Al Argosino and Michael Robles.
- US President-elect Donald Trump has met heads of aircraft makers as he seeks to cut costs of a next generation stealth fighter and a new presidential aircraft. He met up with the CEO of Lockheed Martin about the F-35 program and with the CEO of Boeing, the maker of Air Force One.
- A cargo plane has crashed in eastern Colombia, killing five crew members. The country's aviation authorities say the domestic airplane went down in Puerto Carreno near the Venezuela border on Tuesday. The plane had been heading to an airport in Bogota, carrying six crew members onboard. One of them is injured but rescued.
- German police are searching for a 24-year-old Tunisian male suspect of involvement in the Berlin truck attack on Monday. German investigative authorities on Wednesday released a mug shot of Anis Amri. They say the found an ID document bearing his name inside the truck. The are offering a reward of up to 100,000 euros for information leading to his arrest.
- Nissan and Mitsubishi are joining forces to launch their new SUV on the year 2019.
- See professional driver Tanner Foust driving different kinds of cars in an ode to Quantum Leap.
- There's now a Miki Hoshii figma unveiled and ready to take pre-orders starting at 5,833 Yen plus tax. This figma dons the Million Dreams outfit as seen in not just on the PS3 version of THE IDOLM@STER 2 but also as the cover outfit of The IDOLM@STER Million Live mobile game. Anyway, this figma's ready for pre-order, deliveries will start this June.
|figma Miki Hoshii|
- Or in the Lovelive side, the third Nendoroid based on the Aqours heroes from Love Live! Sunshine!!, Riko Sakurauchi, has unveiled. Finished in the Aozora Jumping Heart costume, it's available to order starting at 3,241 Yen plus tax and deliveries will commence this June. More to come soon for the Aqours heroes!
|Nendoroid Riko Sakurauchi|