- Tropical depression Nock-Ten intensified into a typhoon early yesterday, and was forecast to enter the Philippine area of responsibility as Tropical Storm Nina late last night or early today. As of 4PM yesterday, PAGASA spotted the storm at about 1,320km east of northern Mindanao, moving west-northwest at a speed of 23kph.
- President Rodrigo Duterte wants to amend the provisions in the 1987 Constitution that check a president's power to declare and implement martial law. The chief executive noted that he cannot proceed on declaring martial law in case of war or invasion as such authority is subject to review by Congress and Supreme Court.
- Manila city mayor Joseph Estrada is currently in a hospital for pneumonia, according to his son Senator JV Ejercito during a radio interview. Ejercito said that Estrada was brought to the hospital two nights ago, adding that the 79-year-old former president was pale and had a hard time breathing when he was brought in.
- The House Intelligence Committee study only raises suspicion of links between former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and Russian spies. The panel said in its newly declassified report that Snowden "has had, and continues to have, contract with Russian intelligence services."
- A top Democrat of the House Intelligence Committee's CIA oversight panel warned that President-elect Donald Trump's disparagement of American intelligence agencies is going to prompt even more leaks on sensitive subjects like Russia's alleged hacking of the US electoral process.
- Audi is set to unveil a Q8 concept SUV at next month's NAIAS in Detroit, Michigan. It will serve as a preview of Audi's flagship full-size SUV that slots above the Q7.
- Bandai Namco's Tekken Revolution free-to-play game for the Playstation3 wil end its services this March 2017.
- The first theatrical trailer for the upcoming Biohazard Vendetta 3D animated film is here and this is where the movie's storyline is told regarding Leon and Chris race against time to fight against the terrorist unleashing an attack on New York City.