- As Typhoon Nina (Nock-Ten) exits the Philippine Area of Responsibility, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council issued gale warnings to prevent fishing boats and small vessels from entering the rough seas. NDRRMC said strong to gale force winds associated with the the typhoon may still affect seaboards of Northern Luzon.
- Pampanga representative Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was cleared by the Ombudsman from her involvement in the 900-million pesos Malampaya fund scam as well as three officials from the Department of Agrarian Reform due to lack of evidence. Meanwhile, the Ombudsman indicted alleged "pork barrel mastermind" Janet Lim-Napoles, and 24 others for their supposed participation in the scam.
- The Department of Health supports the law that will ban firecrackers as the implementation of the executive order prohibiting their use has been hampered due to concerns about its impact on jobs and livelihood. DOH Undersecretary Gerardo Bayugo said a legislation would be a "better tool" to ensure less firecracker-related injuries and damage during the New Year.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visited the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii to pay tribute to the fallen American soldiers. Abe arrived at the cemetery after his plane touched down in Hawaii shortly at 9 AM local time on Monday. About 50,000 people, including US military personnel who died in the Pacific and Vietnam wars, are buried here.
- The Russian authorities have ruled out the possibility of terrorism in connection with the crash on Sunday of a Syria-bound military plane. A Tu-154 plane crashed through the Black Sea off Sochi in southern Russia. The defense ministry said all 92 people aboard, including members of a military choir and soldiers, died.
- In case you missed it, a teaser trailer for the Blade Runner 2049 movie has arrived and you can see it here. Set 30 years after the first Blade Runner film, the film stars Ryan Gosling as the new blade runner LAPD Officer K while Harrison Ford reprises his Rick Deckard role from the original.
- Dream5, the teen group behind the hit closing theme songs from the world of Yokai Watch, will cease activity with its current members at the end of the year. The staff apologized to the group's supporters for their sudden announcement and offered them heartfelt thanks.
- Amazon's Original Series, The Grand Tour, will have a two-part special episode streaming this Friday. The special episode involves the presenters driving their beach buggies on their Namibian adventure.