- The 1987 Constitution framers didn't completely abolish the death penalty in the country as they saw the possibility that it may be reinstated. According to House Majority Leader Rodolfo Fariñas, the framers should have completely banned the death penalty if they thought it was wrong but it's better than extrajudicial killing as it follows due process.
- The Philippine National Police is looking for two more members of a terrorist cell that it said has been operating in Luzon and is behind the failed bombing attempt at a US Embassy in Manila late last month. The PNP presented Mohammad Jumao-as, an x-ray technician from Bulacan province, to the media on Wednesday morning. Jumao-as. Jumao-as was arrested in the hospital where he works on December 3 and surveillance shows he was last seen in the footage of the area where an IED was found a little more than a week ago. Jumao-as, known as a "Balik Islam", went into hiding in Bulacan after the foiled bombing.
- The Supreme Court yesterday rejected the bid of former senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. to dismiss the 224 million peso plunder case stemming from the alleged misuse of his pork barrel fund. The high court justices voted 13-1 in full session and decided to dismiss the petition filed by Revilla in June 2014 seeking to stop his trial in the Sandiganbayan and dismiss the cases filed against him by the Ombudsman.
- Interim president, Shavkat Mirziyoyev, wins the presidential elections in Uzbekistan and he will succeed the late strongman Islam Karimov, who died in September. The central election commission said Mirziyoyev secured 88.^% of Sunday's vote, according to a preliminary count, while western monitors reported signs of fraud.
- US President-elect Donald Trump says the US will stop racing to topple foreign regimes and instead focus on defeating terrorism and defeat the Islamic State militants. He introduced his potential Defense Secretary, retired Marine Corps General James Mattis at a rally in North Carolina as his role will make the US rebuild its military and make America safe again.
- An official at the European Union says the United Kingdom will have to secure an agreement on its departure from the EU by October 2018. Michel Barnier, the EU chief negotiator on Brexit, said that if British Prime Minister Therese May notifies the EU of the country's departure by the end of March as scheduled, negotiations will need to be done by the deadline.
- The brand new Opel Insignia Grand Sport saloon has been unveiled, featuring a brand new platform, new engine lineup, and new tech. It will debut at next year's Geneva Motor Show and also, it will be exported to Australia as the all-new Holden Commodore NG, the first imported Commodore in Holden history since Australian production ends in 2017.
|2017 Opel Insignia Grand Sport|
- Suzuki teases a new addition to the Spacia lineup called the Spacia Custom Z. It will launch this December 26th.
|Suzuki Spacia Custom Z|
- The Logitech G Car Pack on Forza Horizon 3 for the XBOX One console is now available. This month's car pack features the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept, Morgan 3 Wheeler, Jaguar F Pace, Mercedes-AMG GT R, and more.