- According to Malacañang officials, the complaint filed from the self-confessed hitman from the alleged Davao Death Squad, Edgar Matobato, against President Rodrigo Duterte is only aimed to distract the chief executive from his duties. Presidential Communications Office Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag said "the complaint is nothing but harassment." and stressed that the president is immune from suit. Matobato filed complaints against President Duterte and his son, Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, for the alleged crimes of murder, torture, and kidnapping.
- Meanwhile, President Duterte has signed Executive Order 10, which seeks to create a consultative committee that will review the 1987 Constitution. The president noted that there is a need to review the constitution to ensure that the mandate of the people is "responsive to changing times."
- As the chairmanship of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year, the Philippines is expected to take the lead role in keeping the South China Sea issue on the table. According to an expert from a top think tank, the Philippines is the key to keeping the South China Sea agenda for ASEAN discussion. The Philippines and Vietnam, which is also a claimant state, are expected to be the "vocal of the issue."
- The BRP Andres Bonifacio, the latest ship to join the Philippine Navy, has arrived early Friday from California, where it underwent sea trials before joining the Philippine fleet. US Ambassador to the Philippines Sung Kim congratulated the Philippine Navy on their newest addition.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.8 struck near the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific Ocean.The US Geological Survey says the quake struck shortly after 0430 hours local time on Friday. Its focus is estimated to be about 200km southeast of the island country's capital Honiara and 41km deep.
- The new generation Subaru Impreza has won the 2016-2017 Japan Car of the Year while the latest Audi A4 won the Import Car of the Year, Nissan Serena wins the Innovation Award for its ProPilot tech, BMW M2 Coupe wins the Emotional award, Daihatsu Move Canbus wins the Small Mobility award, and the special award goes to the Honda NSX.
- A new Lexus is set to be unveiled at next month's North American International Auto Show. Could it be the new LS?
- See how the upcoming Nintendo Switch works from the recent Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon clip.