- The family of executed overseas Filipino worker Jakatia Pawa grieved as news flashed on television of her death Wednesday. Jakatia was sentenced to death by a Kuwait court seven years ago for allegedly killing her employer’s 22-year-old daughter.
- With the rising number of extrajudicial killings in the Philippines, Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno on Wednesday said that the Philippines’ plunge in the World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index is no longer surprising. Sereno cited that the Philippines’ rank in the WJP Rule of Law Index released last October, went down from 51 in 2015 to 70 in 2016.
- President Rodrigo Duterte asked the public to ignore his outbursts as he expressed hopes that the Catholic Church would "come to terms with the truth." Duterte said there are things that the Church has to realize, including the plight of the poor.
- The Israeli government plans to build 2,500 settlement homes in the occupied West Bank. The city of Jerusalem also approved a plan on Sunday to build about 560 housing units in East Jerusalem.
- US President Donald Trump asked the chief executives of the country's top automakers to help create jobs at home. He explained his efforts to cut taxes and ease regulations, and strongly urged the automakers to build their plants in the US.
- The Russian government announced that they will not take part in the upcoming UN negotiation talks for a nuclear ban treaty. The Russian envoy said this is not a matter that should be decided by a majority vote. The envoy also said the decision ignores the international security environment based on nuclear deterrence.
- Sumo wrestler Kisenosato has become the first Japan-born wrestler in 19 years to be promoted to the highest rank of Yokozuna, or Grand Champion. Kisenosato won the New Year Grand Sumo Tournament which ended on Sunday.
- Did you know that the new Ford GT's 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine produces 638bhp at 6,250rpm, and 550lb-ft at 5900rpm?
- The Pokemon Bank app has now been updated with Sun and Moon compatibility. That means you can transfer your hardworked Pokemon from past titles to Sun and Moon. As a bonus, players will receive a special Mewnium Z to unleash Mew's brand new Z-move, Genesis Supernova.